The annual Autodesk Release or Right of Spring as arrived. 2017 is upon us.
On March 21, 2016 Autodesk announced the official release of AutoCAD 2017 and AutoCAD 2017 LT. Most of us in Civil land will be awaiting AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 and the other Infrastructure Design Suite applications which will soon follow. If you use IDS 2016, you’ve already seen a few things here.
Wait a minute isn’t it March Madness too?
That seems appropriate.
There’s some interesting civilized goodies already in ACAD 2017 and an expected big “Whew” of no DWG format change.
You can watch the official AutoCAD 2017 video list below.
The AutoCAD 2017 Video List
Remember you can use the list icon to skip around within this list of 12 videos.
For those of you who'd perfer to speed read...
Here’s a link to the official AutoCAD 2017 Preview Guide.
You can check out Heidi Hewett's It's Alive post on the AutoCAD blog for some more details.
A Brief Summary List of AutoCAD 2017 Highlights
- An official Autodesk approved PDF Import and Export
- US Survey Feet directly supported in UNITS
- Graphic Performance improvements with a new 3D graphics subsystem
- Lots of subtle interface fixes and resizings for important dialog boxes.
- Improved interoperability with Navisworks and BIM 360
- New licensing at install
- Autodesk Desktop App
- An Improved Upgrade Customization interface
- 3D Printing support
- Associative Center Marks
- Supports 2013 DWG format.