It is the IDS of April once again, but the Autodesk IDS is gone the way of all flesh. Autodesk released the AEC Collection 2018 products and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 just in time for tax day. That seems have become an annual tradition. Autodesk marketing? Is the message that Death, Taxes, and AutoCAD upgrades are inescapable? I’m just saying.
I hear tell the perpetual license trade-in deal runs until April 21, 2017.
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 includes a new DWG format and some things we’ve been waiting for. 2018’s here to help with some important new tools.
Here’s the link to the public What’s New page that includes demo videos
New Features page on the on-line AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 Help.
Our brand new Civil 3D 2018 videos page.
New Civil 3D 2018 Features
- Create and maintain Feature Lines relative to a Surface
- Create Offset Profiles relative to another Profile by slope control when you create Offset Alignments
- Connected Alignments and Profiles
Create transition Alignments and Profiles between different Alignment|Profile pairs.
Allows you to create more complex intersections, lane merges, etc.
- Employ extracted Feature Lines in the same Corridor (aka nesting) for more dynamic corridor models
- Fewer corridor bow ties - Improved automatic clean-up in fixed width corridors as a new corridor build property and manual bow tie cleanups in variable width corridor models
- Multiple Plan and Profile viewports on the same Layout supported by the Plan Production tools
- Ability to move Sections from one View Frame Group to another and update the Group
- Improved Section View Label annotation management relative to a Section with a buffer
- Better Infraworks back and forth
- Productivity improvements done over the year in 2017 via Enhancements
- Additional tune ups to Civil 3D features and goodies
The published help list of new AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 new features can be found here.
New Civil 3D 2018 Bow Tie Cleanup Tools for Corridors
What’s New - The Latest Dave and Dan Show
On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 @ 9 AM – 10 AM PST there’s an online seminar by Dave, Dan and Sarah on What’s New in Infraworks 360 and Civil 3D 2018.
Here’s the event sign up link.
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 is available for download to subscription customers.
The AEC Collection for 2018 is available for download to subscription customers.
There are changes to the included products in AEC Collection for 2018.
The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 System Requirements can be found here.
They remain about the same as 2016-2017, officially include Windows 10 support, and recommend DirectX 11 compatible video card or above support. 4K video displays and cards supported.
The core AutoCAD 2018 .DWG format has CHANGED – not 2013-2016.
Be aware that Civil 3D 2018 features are not backwards compatible to older Civil 3D releases including 2017 features. This is a return to the traditional Civil 3D upgrade behavior of the past.
Whenever a new release appears we need to read that mission critical post -
Civil 3D Features Matter Most
Register and get a lot more help and training in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
If we talk new Autodesk Civil product releases, I cannot forget to mention the new Infraworks 2018.0 release either.
Autodesk Infraworks 2018 Release
Autodesk officially dropped the 360 from the Infraworks product name with the latest 2018 release.
Infraworks 2018 is also available for download to subscription customers.
The published help list of new Infraworks 2018 new features can be found here.