The development of the Framework Release 7 for Civil 3D 2018 and our Civil 3D templates and Civil 3D styles has been a work in progress all year. We released 7 new Release 7 AddOns for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017-2015 including a recent AutoCAD Layer Standards Update just last week.
For all our Release 7 customers in Civil 3D 2017-2015 releases that means civil engineers and surveyors benefit from the hard work even if they don’t want to run the latest release of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 right away. The goal:
The Best Civil 3D Productivity… Call it InstantOn
We have a new purchase or upgrade deal for the advent of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.
Buy or upgrade to one of our ridiculously affordable and productive
Release 7 Framework for Civil 3D products and for a limited time get
two (2) releases of the Framework for Civil 3D for the price of one.
Customers who purchase or upgrade to
Jump Kit Release 7 for 2016-2017
between Apr 25, 2017 and our official Release 7 for 2018 ship date
will automatically receive a free upgrade to
another Release 7 of their AutoCAD Civil 3D release of choice.
That’s a release upgrade at no cost.
No other product purchases, upgrades, or promotions are included in this offer.
Framework Release 7 Civil 3D 2018
Yes. There are a few Framework Release 7 changes and updates special to 2018. You can check out all the updated Release 7 Details page for the entire raft of Release 7 and AddOn specifics with links. Whoa. It’s a big list.
Our Documentation and Help pages in the Members section also receives major additions, updates, changes, and fixes as we get ready for the Framework Release 7 for Civil 3D 2018 release day. Our in-depth and detailed help for Civil 3D is free to all. That includes a lot of Civil 3D Training Videos; new Templates in Civil 3D sections; and updates to all The Framework Spreadsheet Tools on-line help pages. Access does require a login. Register.
Here’s a summary with a table of contents…
Framework Release 7 Changes
- Release 7 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
2018 details are subject to change until actual release
All previous Release 7 AddOns and updates listed below are included.
- Release 7 AddOns
Release 7 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
The Release 7 for 2018 has been a work in progress for most of the last year expressed as the numerous Release 7 AddOns.
AddOns are focued on better customization capability and significant improvements to production and management of mission critical essential tools.
See the Release 7 AddOns list below for updates to:
- Subassembly Code Tool Upgrade
- Layer Standards and Spreadsheet Tools
- Point Groups Standards
- Symbol Exchange Tools
- Survey Query Library
- Legends and Lists Tools
- Layer Standards and Layer States Update
Compatibility and General Improvement Summary
Release 7 2018 Framework products will not run in previous Civil 3D releases.
The AutoCAD DWG changes in 2018 - All resource drawings are upgraded to 2018 DWG format.
The Civil 3D object model is again new in 2018 as it was in 2017. All resource drawings are upgraded.
There are minor Style component changes and one new component in Section View Styles.
As guaranteted previous Release 7 Framework products for 2017 run in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.
Technically all previous Release 7 products will upgrade and run in 2018 will minor or no issues at all.
The Release 7 for Civil 3D 2018 changes are focused on Sheet template improvements, Style improvements, and new upcoming Assembly library capabilities.
Templates and Styles 2018
- All templates updated to 2018 DWG and Civil 3D Object Model
- All Layer State collections in Model Templates were updated to include prototype Linetype Layer States
- In-depth Civil 3D Style support for new 2018 Connected Alignments, Offset Profiles, Multi-BaseLine Corridors and new Feature Line capabilities.
- Sheet Templates and Sheet Set Templates updates
Sheet Templates include full support for multiple Plan and Profile viewports on a Layout.
- Multiple Plan and Multiple Profiles Layouts added for 20, 30, 40 scale Layouts.
A number of new Layouts with various viewport configurations were added at each scale.
- New Layouts included in vertical and horizontal Sheet templates for both CTB and STB
Viewport Order properties updated where appropriate.
- New STB and CTB Sheet template libraries at varied scales for multiple Plan or Profile Layouts
- Purge of old North Arrow and Scale blocks - support for new Map Layout Tools
Users can now customize viewports with North Arrows and Scales of their own choice.
Users should add thier North Arrow choice to appropriate layouts before using them to Create Sheets.
- Retained support for classic Civil 3D Tool Palette Sheet Set dynamic Callout blocks
See the Legends and List AddOn (below) for Construction Notes and other documentation tools.
- Updates to Section View Styles to support Section View Buffer component
Component defaults set to ByLayer and C-NPLT layer.
The new 2018 Section View Buffer component does not plot by default.
Sheet Template Updates for 2018
- Added new Sheet templates in STB and CTB folder libraries at varied scales for multiple Plan or Profile Layouts
- New Layouts provided for for multiple Plan or Profile Layouts
- Existing Sheet template resource dwt files were updated but left with typical Framework Sheet Template name convention for upgrade compatibility.
- All Sheet templates purged of older north arrow, scale blocks, etc
- Sheet Layouts were reordered to be consistent across all Horizontal, Vertical, STB, and CTB versions
Sheet Name Conventions
- The default Sheet Template name convention:
_<AutodeskRelease> <Content>–<TitleBlock Type>_<STBorCTB>
- Sheet Template name convention for scale separated templates:
_<AutodeskRelease> <Scale> <Content>–<TitleBlock Type>_<STBorCTB>
Supplied Titleblock resources were updated to 2018 dwg format.
Supplied Sheet Set Template (.dst) file updated for 2018
Resource location properties in the Sheet Set should be updated to user preferences before use.
Layout Name Convention Update for 2018
Layout Name Convention updated to support multiple Plan viewports and/or multiple Profile viewport per Layout
New Layout Type Codes were added (see below)
Existing Layouts were not renamed or viewports resized for previous version upgrade compatability.
Default Viewport Order property intentionaly remains as -1 in old viewport configurations.
Layout Name Convention
- <DrawingScale> <LayoutType>–<SheetSize>
Layout Type Codes
Added new Layout Types Codes to support 2018 multiple Plan viewports and/or multiple Profile viewport per Layout.
New Layout Types Codes are highlighted in the complete code list below.
Default Viewport Order assignment is left to right and top of sheet down.
- S = Sections
- PL = Single Plan Only
- PR = Single Profile Only
- PP = Plan and Profile
- PPP = Left Middle Right Profiles
- SSD = No scale No Viewports D size - used for Sheet Sets
A drawing with just this Layout can be used to store common D size Page Setup Overrides.
- SSE = No scale No Viewports E size - used for Sheet Sets
A drawing with just this Layout can be used to store common E size Page Setup Overrides.
- PL2 = Two Plan Only
- PL4 = Four Plan Only - viewports sized to half of PL
- PL6 = Six Plan Only - viewports sized to third of PL - not used
- PR2 = Two Profile Only
- PR4 = Four Profile Only - viewports sized to half of PR
- PR6 = Six Profile Only - viewports sized to third of PR - not used
Following additional Layout Type Codes are supplied for consistency when the capability becomes availble and supported by the wizard(s).
Civil 3D 2018 currently does not support layouts with simultaneous different Viewport types and Viewport order properties.
- PP4 = Two Plan and Profile pairs - viewports sized to half of PL
- PP6 = Three Plan and Profile pairs - viewports sized to third of PR
Layer Standards and Layer States 2018
Complete 2018 new build of all Layer Stadands (.dws) resources for both STB and CTB.
Added new prototype linetype only Layer States to Standards.
- LTReset<Release> - A Standards Linetypes Reset to Continuous
By default all Layers in the Standard in the Layer State.
- LTWork<Release> - Linetype only for production and QAQC work
By default all Layers in the Standard in the Layer State
- LTPub<Release> - Linetype only for publication
By default all Layers in the Standard in the Layer State
Layer States for Linetypes as supplied are intentionally generic and empty of linetype assignments.
This default allows any linetype customization.
Linetype Layer States are typically included in supplied Layer Standards (.dws) files.
Symbol Set 2018
Complete 2018 new build of all symbols and Civil 3D point styles.
Symbol blocks upgraded to the 2018 DWG format
Upgrades to the Symbol Maintenance Spreadsheet Tool and all supplied scripts.
Jump Kit Styles 2018
Complete 2018 new build of all Civil 3D Styles.
Resource drawings upgraded to the 2018 DWG format and Civil 3D 2018 object model.
- Minor error and ommission fixes based on customer reported issues.
- In-depth Civil 3D Style support for new 2018 Connected Alignments, Offset Profiles, Multiple Baseline Corridors and new Feature Line capabilities.
- Style library supports use of library resource drawings in Civil 3D Reference Templates
See Site collections section of the library for specific task-based design Style resource drawings.
The Release 7 for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 ships with 2018 updates to the Release 7 Assembly resources.
Complete 2018 new build of all Civil 3D Assemblies.
All resource drawings upgraded to the 2018 DWG format and Civil 3D 2018 object model.
The supplied default Assemblies Tool Palette Content library was updated for 2018 and is included.
The new Assembly Library and Assembly Manager Spreadsheet Tool will be released as a future AddOn.
You can preview the previously released new Assembly Naming Convention here
Civil 3D Assembly Naming Convention Update
Project Datasets 2018
The Release 7 for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 ships with 2018 updates to the Release 7 Project Dataset resources.
Complete 2018 new build of project drawings for both the STB and CTB projects.
All project drawings upgraded to the 2018 DWG format, Civil 3D 2018 object model, and upgraded Release 7 2018 Styles.
Framework Standards document updated for Release 7 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 changes.
- Errors, ommissions, and consistency fixes
- Style Updates
- Removal of out of date sections and out of date content
- Assembly and Assembly Set details removed and moved to on-line help pages for usability.
- See on-line help pages for new Templates for Civil 3D documentation.
New Template Help sections include:
- Civil 3D Project Templates and customization
- Civil 3D Model Templates and customization
- Civil 3D Sheet Templates and customization
- See the updated Sheet Template documentation. That contains:
- Updated Sheet Template documentation.
- Updated Layout Name Code convention documentation.
- Templates for Civil 3D section includes many help and customization links.
Install and Upgrades
Framework Install document updated for Release 7 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 changes.
No changes made for recent release of Windows 10, but document steps were validated for it.
Some minor name updates for product consistency.
Framework Upgrades document updated for Release 7 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 changes.
See on-line Install help in Install video section for updated Shared Project Resources documentation.
Spreadsheet Tools 2018
All on-line Spreadsheet Tools help pages were updated to reflect 2018 resource locations and Release 7 AddOn updates
Release 7 AddOns
The following Framework for Civil 3D AddOns were released to add functionality and new Spreadsheet Tools to Release 7.
Links to blog posts are included to clarify and summarize the capabilities in each AddOn.
These AddOns are documented in detail in the Members>>Documentation and Help>>Spreadsheet Tools section of the website.
Subassembly Codes Tool AddOn
Release 7 Update to the previous Release 6 resources with color support for STB and CTB.
Layer Spreadsheet Tools AddOn
Updates to the Layer Standards Tools for both STB and CTB to support Linetype assignments and Linetype Layer State construction.
Layer Spreadsheet Tools for AutoCAD Update
Point Group Standards
A simple method to employ the Jump Kit Style Library resources to standardize Civil 3D Point Groups.
Civil 3D Point Group Standards
Symbol Exchange AddOn
Survey Query AddOn
Legends and List AddOn
See the Members>>Documentation and Help>>Legends and Lists section for additional Civil 3D and AutoCAD List help and videos.
Layer Standards and States Upgrade
Complete new build of all Layer Stadands(.dws) resources for 2017, 2016, 2015.
AutoCAD Layer Standards Update
Added new prototype linetype only Layer States to Standards for both STB and CTB.
See the Members>>Documentation and Help>>Spreadsheet Tools>>Layer States page for details.