The development of the Framework Release 7 for Civil 3D 2019 and our Civil 3D Templates and Civil 3D Styles has been a work in progress all year. We released a host of Release 7 AddOns for Civil 3D 2018-2016 at a rate of about one improvement a month. The latest AddOn includes a Better Codes Points and Figures in Civil 3D Update. Today you can actually get more from your point data in Civil 3D.
For all our Release 7 customers in Civil 3D 2018-2016 releases that means that those civil engineers and surveyors benefit from that hard work even if they don’t want to run the latest release of Civil 3D 2019 right away.
Civil 3D Productivity Power…
We Call That InstantOn
Yes. There are a few Framework Release 7 changes and updates special to 2019. You can check out all the updated Release 7 Details page for the entire raft of Release 7 and AddOn specifics with links. Yep. It’s a big list.
Our Documentation and Help pages in the Members section also receives major additions, updates, changes, and fixes as we get ready for the Framework Release 7 for Civil 3D 2019 release day. Our in-depth and detailed help for Civil 3D is free to all. That includes a lot of Civil 3D Training Videos; updates to all the Framework Spreadsheet Tools on-line help pages; and an improved Templates in Civil 3D section to help you make Reference Templates work. Access does require a login. Register.
Here’s a summary…
Release 7 Framework for Civil 3D 2019 Details
Release 7 for Civil 3D 2019 Contents
- Release 7 Autodesk Civil 3D 2019
All previous Release 7 AddOns and updates listed below are included.
- Templates and Styles 2019
- Layer Standards 2019
- NCS Default Layer Standard
- NCS AIA Classic Layer Standard
- NCS 6.0 Layer Standard
- NCS 5.0 AIA Classic Layer Standard
- Survey Codes Points and Figure Tools
- Symbol Set 2018
- Jump Kit Styles 2018
- Assemblies 2018
- Project Datasets 2018
- Documentation 2018
- Spreadsheet Tools 2018
Release 7 Autodesk Civil 3D 2019
The Release 7 for 2019 has been a work in progress for 12-18 months expressed in the numerous Release 7 AddOns.
AddOns are focused on better customization capability and significant improvements to production and management of mission critical essential tools.
See the Release 7 AddOns list below for updates to:
- Codes Points and Figures AddOn
- Layer Standards NCS6 AddOn
- Classic Utility Layers NCS6 AddOn
- Layers Standards Tools Update AddOn
- NCS Classic Utility Layers AddOn
- Survey Query AddOn
- Subassembly Codes Tool 2018.1 AddOn
- Subassembly Codes Tool AddOn
- Point Group Standards
- Symbol Exchange AddOn
- Legends and Lists
Compatibility and General Improvement Summary
Release 7 2019 Framework products will run in Civil 3D 2018 but will not run in previous Civil 3D releases.
The AutoCAD DWG changes in 2019 - All resource drawings are upgraded to the 2018 DWG format.
The Civil 3D object model is again new in 2019 as it was in 2018. All resource drawings are upgraded.
As guaranteed previous Release 7 Framework products for 2018 run in Civil 3D 2019.
Technically all previous Release 7 products will upgrade and run in 2019 with minor or no issues at all.
The Release 7 for Civil 3D 2019 changes are focused on Layer Standards adaptability, improved Key Systems, and new upcoming Assembly library capabilities.
Templates and Styles 2019
- All templates updated to 2019 Civil 3D Object Model
- Added support and examples for Single and Task-based Reference Templates
- Built-in Reference Settings Resource Structure
- Fixes and updates to the supplied Civil 3D Project Template for 2019
Layer Standards 2019
All new supplied Layer Standards resources intentionally do not effect Release 7 Style and other resource Naming conventions employed in all other supplied resources.
This considerable set of new Layer Standards resources and tools allow for the quick publication of Framework for Civil 3D projects into multiple versions and variations of the NCS.
- All Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools and on-line Help files were updated.
- Complete new builds of all supplied Layer Standards (.dws) resources for both STB and CTB for each supplied Layer Standards.
- Layer States for Linetypes as supplied are intentionally generic and empty of linetype assignments.
This default allows any linetype customization.
- Linetype Layer States are typically included in supplied Layer Standards (.dws) files.
- All Layer Standards supplied include both STB and CTB Layer Standards resource files.
- All Layer Standards supplied include a Spreadsheet Tool and rename script resources.
NCS Default Layer Standard
The default Layer Standard in place for all Release 7 Framework products
NCS AIA Classic Layer Standard
Converts all Keys in all appropriate utility layers to conform to NCS AIA classic layers
NCS 6.0 Layer Standard
Converts all NCS 5.0 Keys in all appropriate layers to conform to NCS 6.0 layers
NCS 6.0 AIA Classic Layer Standard
Converts all NCS 5.0 Keys in all appropriate layers to conform to NCS 6.0 AIA classic layers
Survey Codes Points and Figure Tools
Upgrades to the customization tools and resources for Survey Codes, Description Key Set, and Figure Prefix Db creation and maintenance.
See the Codes Points and Figures AddOn listing for the details of supplied resources.
Symbol Set 2019
Complete 2019 new build of all symbols and Civil 3D point styles.
Symbol blocks upgraded to the 2018 DWG format.
Upgrades to the Symbol Maintenance Spreadsheet Tool and all supplied scripts.
Upgraded Symbol Exchange (Update) Tools and resources with new examples.
Jump Kit Styles 2019
Complete 2019 new build of all Civil 3D Styles.
Resource drawings upgraded to the 2018 DWG format and Civil 3D 2019 object model.
- Minor error and omission fixes based on customer reported issues.
- Style library supports use of library resource drawings in Civil 3D Reference Templates
See Site collections section of the library for specific task-based design Style resource drawings.
The Release 7 for Civil 3D 2019 ships with 2019 updates to the Release 7 Assembly resources.
Complete 2019 new build of all Civil 3D Assemblies.
All resource drawings upgraded to the 2018 DWG format and Civil 3D 2019 object model.
The supplied default Assemblies Tool Palette Content library was updated for 2019 and is included.
Project Datasets 2019
The Release 7 for Civil 3D 2019 ships with 2019 updates to the Release 7 Project Dataset resources.
Complete 2019 new build of project drawings for both the STB and CTB projects.
All project drawings upgraded to the 2018 DWG format, Civil 3D 2019 object model, and upgraded Release 7 2019 Styles.
Framework Standards document updated for Release 7 Civil 3D 2019 changes.
- Errors, omissions, and consistency fixes
- Style Updates
- Removal of out of date sections and out of date content
Install and Upgrades
Framework Install document updated for Release 7 Civil 3D 2019 changes.
No changes made for recent releases of Windows 10, but document steps were validated for it.
Some minor name updates for product consistency.
Framework Upgrades document updated for Release 7 Civil 3D 2019 changes.
See on-line Install help in Install video section for updated Shared Project Resources documentation.
Spreadsheet Tools 2019
All on-line Spreadsheet Tools help pages were updated to reflect 2019 resource locations and Release 7 AddOn updates
- See on-line help pages for new Layer States and Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools documentation.
New Layer Standards Help sections include the above listed new Layer Standards resources.
- See the other updated Spreadsheet Tools documentation. That contains:
- Updated Survey Codes Tool documentation.
- Updated Description Key Set Tool documentation.
- Updated Figure Db Tool documentation.