Autodesk continues the usual round of hot summer Update releases for the 2019 products. If you are counting, there have been three updates released since mid-July in the Autodesk Infrastructure space. First, they released the Infraworks 2019.1 Update. You can see all or particular parts of the official rollout webinar here. A couple of things are probably a really big deal. They followed that up with an OOPS Hotfix update to an update - the ReCap Photo 2019.1.2 Update.
AutoCAD 2019.1 Update
Late last week Autodesk released an update for the core AutoCAD 2019 platform. The new AutoCAD 2019.1 Update includes all previous AutoCAD 2019 Updates and relevant Hot Fixes. If you are using Civil 3D 2019, you should pay attention. There are a couple of things in all three Update lists that made me smile.
The AutoCAD 2019.1 Update includes some new features and core performance improvements to the AutoCAD engine. Here’s the summary not necessarily in order of importance:
Additional work was performed in support of high-resolution monitors including the ribbon and status bar icons. Work on palettes and other UI elements is ongoing. Theme integration work was performed for the Command line window, and icons for the Quick Access toolbar, general toolbars, and tool palettes.
Support was added for industry-specific objects created with the Architecture toolset.
Performance has been improved with respect to how efficiently AutoCAD handles external files, such as xrefs, font files, and other ancillary files when they're in locations with slow access or if they're absent.
Support was added for extracting turned off and frozen layers in layouts for sharing.
The UI Finder was added to most dialog box topics. This makes it faster to locate the command associated with the dialog box in the UI. Simply click the command icon at the top of a dialog box topic in the Help system to locate the originating command. For example, you can find the location of the INSERT command from the Insert Dialog box topic.
The entire new AutoCAD 2019.1 features list can be viewed on the
AutoCAD 2019 Help What’s New page
AutoCAD 2019.1 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. As is the norm the update install requires access to the original install resources.
AutoCAD 2019.1 Fixes
Customer Error Reporting Fixes
- Occasional crashes when editing revision clouds no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when editing xrefs and blocks in-place when ATTDIA = 0 no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when using the INTERFERE command in certain drawings no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when zooming in certain drawings with images when hardware acceleration is turned off no longer occur.
Import and Export
- Occasional crashes when exporting a layout to model space no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when right-clicking the Copy to Clipboad or using Ctrl+C in certain drawings no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when using the HATCH command in certain drawings no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when clicking the Insert button on the ribbon for certain drawings no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when changing the default pointing device to another option no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when changing an object’s layer while UNDO is turned off no longer occur.
Fixes and Updates to General Content
- Xref-dependent blocks in the bind status with certain linetypes display correctly with 3D visual styles.
- Draw order is maintained correctly when modifying objects in paper space.
- Hatch colors in blocks display correctly in paper space.
- Multiline text objects display normally in all drawings.
- Updating the multiple line attributes of an annotative block works correctly after the block has been moved or modified.
- The text imported into multiline text from rich text with subscript and superscript text displays correctly.
- The icons in customized toolbars display correctly after restarting.
- The SHAREVIEW command can be completed successfully when the network username includes spaces.
- An xref opened by the XOPEN command correctly maintains its file name capitalization.
Of course if you are not enjoying the hassle-free upgrade power of the Framework for Civil 3D, you really don’t know or understand what you are missing. You can find out. Try Templates Only which is available in any release you want to run for a song.