Autodesk officially released today a new December build of the Autodesk Desktop Connector. Surprise. The Autodesk Desktop Connector 220.127.116.114 works best with the recent releases of Autodesk Civil 3D 2021.2 and Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.5.1 Updates that are currently available.
If you employ Civil 3D with BIM 360 and BIM 360 Design, you should pay attention. There are both significant performance and File-In-Use issues resolved in this Desktop Connector Update. See below for details.
Future Autodesk Desktop Connector Updates
This Desktop Connector Update does not address Autodesk Construction Cloud and other AEC Collection and other Autodesk Cloud product changes previewed and discussed at AU 2020 and promised before Jan 31, 2021.
See The New in Civil 3D Land from AU 2020 post for more details.
The Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.5 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The official listed release date was Dec 10, 2020.
The Desktop Connector Update build version is 18.104.22.1684.
This download is available via direct download from the Subscription site on the official release date. Notification is not available via the Autodesk Desktop App or the Desktop Connector interface until a few days after the official release date.
Warning: See the Release Notes page in Autodesk Desktop Connector Help for the current and correct download link.
Download the latest December build of Autodesk Desktop Connector 22.214.171.1244
Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.5 Update
The install is manual and overwrites any previously installed version of the Desktop Connector. As usual a computer Restart is required to complete the install.
This version of the Desktop Connector works best with Civil 3D 2021.2+ and Civil 3D 2020.5.1+ Updates that are also currently available.
New Features and Enhancements
- HTML files generated as log file artifacts by several Autodesk products will no longer upload to the cloud during the application workflow
- Filtering additional Antivirus applications to reduce unnecessary uploads of file versions (ESET Kernel Service, Kaspersky Internet Security)
- Filtering atmp temporary files from uploading to the cloud generated by AutoCAD (and vertical) save workflows
- Desktop Connector more accurately detects file content changes to reduce unnecessary file versioning
- Certain unsupported operations which result in failed pending actions will no longer automatically replay
- Additional logging to provide more context to the product team when issues are reported
- Many improvements made to detect and reduce the occurrence of "File In Use" conflicts
- Performance improvements made when multiselecting a large number of files and invoking the right-click context menu in File Explorer
- Pending Actions "stacking" issue which caused machine resources (CPU/memory) to spike. Mainly impacting workflows including DST files.
- Users signing out or going offline are properly navigated to ThisPC
- Resolved CERs relating to clearing files from the Pending actions file list (in the right-hand pane)
Read the Release Notes
The Freedom to Make Civil 3D Work
Get the Framework for Civil 3D Release 8