The production of robust, adaptive, and consistent label documentation and deliverables from multiple versions of Autodesk Civil 3D is a major goal of all Framework for Civil 3D products. Over the past year our innovative series of new Label Style Expression Set Style collections for Surfaces, Points, and today’s release of a line Segment Label Style Expression Set revolutionize the Label capabilities available for Framework for Civil 3D customers.
Label Complex Roadway and Site Design Corridors
In a recent series of posts and videos, we learn and see how to overcome some of the construction and annotative challenges inherent in the design and publication of Complex or Multiple Dynamic Baseline Corridors in Civil 3D.
See the Civil 3D Corridor Creation Plans post and video for more design details and links.
See the Civil 3D Corridor Dynamic Labels post and video for more annotative details and links.
Inside those included videos we see previews of the latest Framework for Civil 3D…
Segment Label Style Expression Set
The new Segment Label Style Expression Set AddOns provide in-depth Start and End Node Segment Elevation Label Styles in multiple configurations and our innovative Framework Truncation support for Civil 3D.
Here’s a quick peek.
The Segment Label Style Expression Set
Clearly these Framework for Civil 3D resources provide useful and valuable production resources for Civil 3D.
Segment Label Style Expression Set Resources
Here’s a summary of the Style Collection capabilities available :
- None of the new resources overwrite or replace any previously supplied resources
- Parent and Child Label Style resources for Current Layer Segment node elevations
Segment Labels are typically produced on one Layer and then moved to another Layer for publication
- Parent and Child Label Style resources for in-line and stacked Label Style formats with and without visible Markers
- All supplied Parent and Child Label Styles employ a manual Offset Expression to adjust all Label offsets from Markers and node locations.
- Child Label Styles collections for each supplied Parent Label Style employ
the 8 standard forms of rotational representations
in 45-degree increments (0,45,90,135,180,225,270, 315)
- Support for Object and View Orientation Labels
- Support for invisible and visible Label Markers
- Support for a Code Property Set that optionally adds standard Codes to elevation Labels
Use of Code Property Set Styles requires the Property Set is assigned to Segment Labels and a Code is selected
- Support for multiple variations of Truncated digits display (includes variable digits forms)
- Support for Segment node elevation display in tenths and standard hundredths precision with or without truncation
- Supplied Parent and Child Label Styles honor Civil 3D Feature and Label Style Type Label Style Defaults, Civil 3D hierarchy rules, and Parent Child component inheritance
- Support and separate Style collections for Truncated Segment Offset Label Styles
All variable truncation Segment Label Styles with Offsets are supplied with tenths and hundredths precision
- Separate stand-alone +ALWAYS IMPORT Expression Set Truncation, Offset, and Height of Style resource drawings to more easily allow the construction of customized Label Style resource drawings
- Separate Expression Set documentation in ASCII text files
- Separate example Line Segments drawings are supplied for testing of custom Style resources drawings
- Future Support for separate automated Height of Curb and Height of Wall adjustments with up to 2 separate resolved adjustments for 4 potential Height Settings in Up and Down configurations with or without truncation.
- Future Support for separate Label Style collections with Reference Surface and Reference Profile text components
Framework Expression Set Label Style collections assume most customization will include the standard practice of deleting unwanted Parent and/or Child Styles in production and publishing templates.
The Framework for Civil 3D Label Style and Expression Set approach is to select from multiple Label Style Library choices exactly what a project demands and still allow for the diverse preference demands of production work, QAQC display requirements, and multiple publishing display representations. Each selection may be significantly different.
Register and visit the Members section to see all the Segment Label Style Expression Set details.
The Framework for Civil 3D Segment Label Style Expression Set AddOns support the latest Update builds of Civil 3D 2022, Civil 3D 2021, and Civil 3D 2020.
Jump Kit 8 and Jump Kit 8 AIA customers may download the Segment Label Style Expression Set AddOn from the respective product download pages.
The Liberty to Work in Civil 3D
Get the Framework for Civil 3D Release 8
Segment Elevation Label Posts