Autodesk officially released Autodesk Civil 3D 2024 and the related Civil Infrastructure 2024 group of products which include: Project Explorer 2024, Grading Optimization 2024, Subassembly Composer 2024, the Infrastructure Parts Editor, Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2024, Infraworks 2024, and the Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS 2024.
Civil 3D 2024 and the related Autodesk Infrastructure 2024 products include the Civil 3D 2023.2 Update improvements. There are also significant new Autodesk Civil 2024 release product enhancements, upgrades, and fixes.
Autodesk Civil 3D 2024 Hits the Street
The new Civil 3D 2024 notably includes new AutoCAD 2024 and Map3D 2024 interface, 2D and 3D graphics, Sheet Set Manager for the Web, Cloud and local performance improvements that may affect current project work and workflows.
What's New in Civil 3D 2024
Autodesk Civil 3D and AEC Collection Subscription customers should be able to download the latest Autodesk Civil 3D 2024 and related Autodesk 2024 Infrastructure products as you read this or very shortly thereafter.
Project Explorer 2024 and Grading Optimization 2024 licenses are now part of Civil 3D 2024.
All the new Autodesk 2024 product installs include the Autodesk Access (ACS) upgrade to the Autodesk Desktop App (ADA). The new ACS typically requires additional admin setup steps to function properly.
Customers get Autodesk Access in four ways that began March 15, 2023:
- With any new 2022 or later product installation after March 15th.
- As an automatic self-update of Autodesk installer.
This will be a progressive, percentage-based rollout ending around mid-May 2023.
- As an update to ADA, beginning April 3, 2023.
- Direct installer download from the Access landing page (see above).
See the Autodesk Access FAQ on the AKN.
Civil Infrastructure Product On-Line Help
The Civil 3D 2024 and the related Civil Infrastructure 2024 product online Help files are live.
The public release videos are available.
See our website Autodesk Online Help page.
Civil 3D 2024 Release Details
Here are brief summaries and links to the What’s New in the Autodesk 2024 Release pages.
- See the What’s New in AutoCAD 2024 page.
- See the What’s New in Map 3D 2024 page.
- See the What’s New in Civil 3D 2024 page.
The Project Explorer, Grading Optimization, and Subassembly Composer enhancements and improvements are listed separately.
New Corridor Workflows
- Create, Edit and Manage Corridor Transitions using subassemblies with different Assembly display names but the same .NET Class Name
- Lock the lengths in a Transition Set so the Transition can be easily moved along the Baseline
- Rearrange the priority of Transitions and Transition Sets to allow you to specify the order in which transitions are processed
- Zoom and pan to Transitions and Transition Sets from within the Corridor Transitions Panorama
- Assembly Frequencies are automatically added to the Corridor at the Start and End of each Transition when you apply the Transitions to the Corridor
- In the Corridor Parameters Editor, parameter values at the stations that have conflicts with Corridor Transitions are now read-only
New in Subassembly Workflows
Reference Subassembly PKT files from their existing location, such as a LAN or Autodesk Docs, instead of importing them to the ProgramData folder
- A collection for Subassemblies is added in the Prospector
- When a path for a Subassembly PKT file needs to be updated, symbols and tooltips are displayed on the items in the Prospector
- Different Versions of the same Subassembly (with the same class name) can be used in a drawing by using different file names for each version of the PKT file
New in ArcGIS Workflows
See the Connector for ArcGIS 2024 page.
- Employ new Settings Templates to control the stylization, AutoCAD layer, and other data for objects that are created in the drawing when ArcGIS data is imported
- Arcs are now imported as true arcs
- Create AutoCAD points, polylines, and polygons from imported ArcGIS data
New in Pressure Networks
New Pressure Fitting Style-related enhancements
- Specify a user-defined block to display vertical bends in Plan View
- Display a hatch pattern for Pressure Network Fittings and Appurtenances in Plan View
- Scale options for user-defined blocks in Plan view for Fittings and Appurtenances to match the options available in Profile View
New Layout Behaviors
- The angle is now automatically considered when adding branch Fittings
- Automatic rotation of branch Fittings to align with branch Pipe Runs
- Connect a Pipe Run to an existing tee, wye, or cross on another Pipe Run
- New <This Pipe Run> option in the Reference Alignment list when creating a new Pressure Network or a new Pipe Run
New Edit Behaviors
- Convert a Pipe Run line segment to an arc or an arc segment to a line
- New Flip grip on reducers in Pressure Networks in Profile View
- Merge two Pressure Networks with the Merge Pressure Networks command
Pressure Network Data References
The existing PipeNetworkSyncMode system variable now controls when to synchronize Pressure Network Parts as well as Gravity Network Parts
New in Project Explorer
Project Explorer is now included in the Civil 3D 2024 installation.
See the What’s New in Project Explorer 2024 page.
- Open Project Explorer directly when you Right-Click an object and select Open in Project Explorer
- Manage Property Set definitions and references from the new Property Set tab
- Property Set definitions can now be added and removed directly from tabs in Project Explorer
New in Grading Optimization
Grading Optimization is not included in the Civil 3D 2024 Install.
See the What’s New in Grading Optimization 2024 page.
Global Cut and Fill Constraints
- New cut and fill constraints are now available in the Optimization Options dialog box. You can specify Cut Only, Fill Only, or None (which allows both cut and fill balancing).
Feature Line Naming Enhancements
- The generated naming method for feature lines returned to a Civil 3D drawing has been enhanced to include defined prefixes.
User Interface Enhancements
- Several user interface elements have been enhanced to better organize and access your workflows.
Interactive Get Started Guide
- An interactive walkthrough is now available to get new users started in Grading Optimization
New in Dynamo for Civil 3D
- The Dynamo Core version has been updated to Dynamo 2.17.
- The Dynamo Player version has been updated to version 2.17.
- Corridor Transitions
- Subassembly status
- Rail Turnout
Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2024
See the What’s New in Vehicle Tracking 2024 page.
Subassembly Composer 2024
See the Subassembly Composer 2024 page.
Infrastructure Parts Editor
See the Infrastructure Parts Editor page.
See the What’s New in Infraworks page.
- Elevation Measurement Tool
- Revit Category Mapping
- Enhanced Check for Updates
- Civil Structure Clipping Plane
- Parametric Content Updates
- Revit Families as Infraworks Content
- Updates to Structural Bridge Design
The Civil 3D Toolset
Get the Framework for Civil 3D