Yes. A surface model import from Infraworks into Civil 3D (in the 2019 release) really is this easy!
First - Jeff's note from the previous post about the quality of the surface is important:
NOTE: Point clouds created from imagery will produce surface elevations matching a site’s vegetation: grass, brush, crops, etc. (Basically, the surface represents what the camera “sees”.) Point clouds created from Lidar however, will provide the most accurate bare earth extraction as the laser used to collect the data is capable of penetrating vegetation.
- See the earlier Survey Drone to Civil 3D Workflow video series for the entire process with Civil 3D Imports
- See the earlier Import ReCap Aerial Images into Infraworks video.
- See the previous mentioned Import ReCap Point Clouds into Infraworks video.
- Here's the link to the mentioned playlist of all the videos in the series
- See the Process ReCap Aerial Images with Ground Control Points video.