Mar 21, 2017 – Autodesk announces the release of AutoCAD 2018 and AutoCAD LT 2018
AutoCAD 2018 employs a new version of the DWG format which is both a performance and model capability upgrade to the 2013 DWG format employed in releases 2013-2017.
The AutoCAD 2018 Preview Guide by Heidi Hewett with screen shot and short explanation of features.
Heidi’s blog post in available on the AutoCAD blog.
AutoCAD 2018 YouTube page with lots of short videos on the new features
Some of the new enhancements in AutoCAD 2018 already appeared in AutoCAD 2017.1 Service Pack.
- Linetype gap selection enhancements
- Off screen selection
- PDF enhancements
- Text to MTEXT enhancements
- High resolution (4K) monitor support
- REGEN3 command
- 3D navigation performance
New in AutoCAD 2018 – see the Preview Guide and YouTube pages for details
- New DWG format
- Open Performance
- Save Performance
- New 3D solid and surface geometric modeler engine
- New File Open, Drafting Settings, and Select Color dialog boxes and capabilities
- Interface Improvements
- Better PDF import
- Improved External Reference management and feedback
- Share Design Views for AutoCAD 360
- AutoCAD Mobile