Civil 3D Video Training
A curated library of the best Civil 3D and Infraworks Training Videos
Visit the Civil Engineering Community Center
Autodesk Online Help for multiple products and releases back to 2010.
Access to product Install videos requires that you are logged in.
Access to some site video collections require a free site membership and login.
See the Members>>Documentation and Help section for in-depth help for AutoCAD Civil 3D.
What Videos to watch first?
Every video has a brief summary of the contents on the page
- Framework Preview videos provide a quick peek into the Framework
- If you are new customer, watch the Install videos - you must login.
- The updated for Release 7 Overview Videos cover what is in the packages and how to use them
- The Blog Videos are video blog posts on a variety of topics
New videos are added frequently.
- Civil Training on the Web lists selected video training from others with comments
These include important Autodesk product series of videos from published lists.
- The Data Shortcuts videos cover the ways to employ
Data Shortcuts and Data References - How Projects work in Civil 3D
- Description Key Sets cover point display and customization
- Survey and Surface videos cover the Civil 3D Setup and Survey specifics like Figure Edits
- AddOn Videos cover the specific mechanics of the AddOn packages
- In-depth Civil 3D training course listings cover vital production topics.
See the Plan Publication and the plan and profile Deliverables courses.
Does the video content for one release still apply?
Framework products run in multiple releases of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
An AutoCAD Civil 3D release may differ in some nuanced areas but the fundamentals and process mechanics that Civil 3D employs do not change much by design.
Recent or Select Videos
Custom Civil 3D Data Shortcut Folders
Methods to standardize and customize Data Shortcut folders in Civil 3D Project Templates.
It is relatively simple to customize your Data Shortcut folders in Civil 3D, if you employ a Civil 3D Project Template to create the structure. Perhaps we should consider that to be the minumumist form for a Project Template. You can also hack the XML file to employ and copy of that to create the structures.
Other Civil 3D Project Template Placeholders
Some typical and atypical Project Placeholders for use in Civil 3D Project Templates.
There are a wide variety of potential file and folder-based Project Placeholders aside from drawing files that we can employ in Civil 3D Project Templates. Windows Shortcuts can save us hours of Open dialog box browsing in a project.
Reference Templates and Placeholders in Projects
How to create and use Reference Templates and Project Placeholders for dwgs and DREFs in Civil 3D Project Templates.
Reference Templates and Project Placeholders for prototype standard drawings and Data References work well with Civil 3D Project Templates.