July 28, 2017 – Autodesk releases the AutoCAD 2018.1 Update
AutoCAD 2018.1 Update
The AutoCAD 2018.1 Update applies to all AutoCAD based application software including AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.
The AutoCAD 2018.1 Update does not update the default AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 CUI and Ribbon menus. The Highlight New Features tool will show new the 2018.1 command features where appropriate.
The AutoCAD 2018.1 and AutoCAD LT 2018.1 Update Preview Guide PDF briefly details many of the improvements listed below.
The update download is available to subscription customers via the Autodesk Desktop App. As of this post, the AutoCAD 2018.1 Update is not available on the public Autodesk Knowledge Network down pages.
Note that this AutoCAD 2018.1 update is different from previous AutoCAD 2018.0.1 and AutoCAD 2018.0.2 updates which were smaller update fixes to the initial AutoCAD 2018 release.
New Tools in the AutoCAD 2018.1 Update
AutoCAD 2018.1 New Features and Improvements
Highlight New Features
- A new Highlight New Features tool will show new command features
Named Views and Ribbon Tools
- A new Named Views panel is added to the View tab to make it easy to create and restore named views from the ribbon, and to create scaled views and viewports for your layouts.
- The new layout viewports are automatically assigned a standard scale that can easily be changed from a new scale grip on the viewport.
- The new New View tool will create Named Views based on a viewport or window selection.
Xref Layer Management
- Improvements to Xref Layers make it easier to identify overrides and restore them to their default values.
- Layout aware display of Xref Layers
- New Xref layer override filters
New System Variables: VISRETAINMODE, XREFLAYER, LAYEROVERRIDEHIGHLIGHT
High Resolution Monitor Support
- Supports additional dialog boxes.
- Palettes and icons are correctly adjusted to the Windows setting for the display scale.
Changed and New Commands: MVIEW, NEWVIEW
3D Graphics Performance
- Work on performance continues to optimize the speed of 3D display for the Wireframe, Realistic, and Shaded visual styles.
- Increases in graphics performance will vary depending on the size and content of the 3D DWG files.
- For the best results, use these 3D visual styles in their default states on a 64-bit machine with a compatible graphics card.
Changed Commands: 3DORBIT, ZOOM, PAN, VSCURRENT
- Plot and Preview offer significant performance improvements for drawings with missing SHX fonts.
- Custom line type properties are supported when checking STANDARDS with multiple custom line type definitions in drawing.
- Crossing window and Fence selections are supported when trimming or extending lines that are not on the current UCS plane
Read the Readme