Aug 1, 2019 – Autodesk released AutoCAD 2020.1 Update
The AutoCAD 2020.1 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original AutoCAD 2020 install resources.
There is also a new AutoCAD LT 2020.1 Update available.
AutoCAD 2020.1 Update
This update applies to all AutoCAD based 2020 products including all AutoCAD 2020 Toolsets, Plant 3D, and Civil 3D. You should check the What's new pages in the AutoCAD on-line help pages for specifics.
The AutoCAD 2020.1 Update includes the following enhancements and fixes:
AutoCAD 2020.1 Enhancements
Block Palette Tool
- Drag and drop actions now apply the settings for Scale and Rotation
- The display of thumbnail images is improved
- Tooltips can now be suppressed with the TOOLTIP system variable
Text on Layer
- Sets a default layer for text and multiline text objects with the TEXTLAYER system variable
Standards for Multileaders
- Extends the Standards feature to support multileader styles
- The SECUREREMOTEACCESS system variable has been expanded to control whether ObjectARX programs are restricted from uploading to internet locations or remote servers
- The translators used for importing several external 3D formats have been updated. These include Creo and Granite, SolidEdge, NX, Parasolid, JT, and Rhino
- Occasional crashes when using the BLOCKNAVIGATE system variable to specify paths and file names for blocks and drawings.
- Occasional crashes when inserting DXF files from the Blocks palette.
- Occasional crashes when using WBLOCK and selecting a field in some drawings.
- Occasional crashes when launching AutoCAD if the Blocks palette displays a corrupted drawing in the Other Drawing tab.
Plot and print PDF
- Occasional crashes when plotting to a PDF file when an included font name is more than 31 characters long.
- Occasional crashes when changing the visual style in the Model Documentation mode.
- Occasional crashes when grip editing multiple objects.
- Occasional crashes when opening drawings that contain corrupted linetypes.
- Occasional crashes when opening certain drawings and then switching from model to a paper space layout.
- Occasional crashes when opening DXF files that do not include any layouts.
- Occasional crashes when with the SHAREVIEW command for drawings containing zero-length objects.
- Occasional crashes when switching to different layouts in drawings that contain geographic location information.
General Update Content Fixes
- A preview might not display in the Dimension Style dialog box for the Annotative dimension style.
- The objects might not display after editing a block and switching from paper space to model space.
- Opening some drawings takes longer than in previous versions.
- Plotting some drawings to PDF is slower than expected.
- Quick Measure does not support rotated UCS orientations even when the XY plane of the UCS is parallel to the XY plane of the WCS.
- Quick Measure doesn't work on some AutoCAD Mechanical custom objects.
- Quick Measure results are partly hidden if the current layer is turned off.
- With the SHAREVIEW command, drawings can be clipped incorrectly on the right side.
- External references cannot be detached when inserted multiple times.
- PDF and DWF files might not display in the block editor.
- The results might be incorrect when using PASTESPEC to insert a table.
- Changes to the Default Scale List in the Options dialog box, User Preferences tab, aren't retained.