Sept 30, 2017 – Autodesk releases the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update
The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop app if you have AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 installed.
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update
Autodesk rehabbed AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 with it’s first major service pack – formally the - AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update. Besides the usual Update release fixes and fine tunings Civil 3D 2018.1 contains new production tools as well. These include new:
- Road Rehab Corridors, new Rehab Subassemblies, and new interface tools to create and manage rehab work
- Infrastructure Parts Editor to create and manage Pipe and Pressure Pipe content
- Improvements to Section Sheets, Better Sample Line and Section View Zoom tos, and better Projections and Crossings annotation to multiple Section Views
- A major upgrade to the Reference Template Manager tool and capabilities
- There are Roundabout improvements in both Civil 3D and in the complementary Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2018.1 Update
Civil 3D 2018.1 is a substantial upgrade to the initial Civil 3D 2018 release offering.
Civil 3D 2018.1 Update Enhancements
The following product enhancements are included in the 2018.1 Update.
Road Rehabilitation Workflows
This update contains new road rehabilitation workflows. These include:
- Rehab Subassemblies: There are six new .NET based subassemblies that are built specifically for this workflow.
- New Rehab Workflow: The overall workflow can be launched using the CreateRehabCorridor command, which is accessible from the Home tab > Create Design panel > Corridor > Create Rehab Corridor.
Crossings and Projections in Multiple Section Views
- While using the ProjectObjectsToSect and ProjectObjectsToMultiSect commands, you can now mark and label the precise location where a variety of objects cross a sample line.
- A new Crossing Tolerance default setting has been added to the Section View Feature Settings.
- New default style settings have been added to the ProjectObjectsToSect and ProjectObjectsToMultiSect commands:
- Crossing Marker Style
- Crossing Label Style
- Projection Style
- Projection Label Style
Parts Editor Integration
The Infrastructure Parts Editor has been integrated into the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update.
To launch Infrastructure Parts Editor, click Home tab > Create Design Panel > Infrastructure Parts Editor, or enter StartPartsEditor on the command line.
Reference Template Updates
Enhancements to existing workflow for referencing resources in an attached template:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Object and Label Styles could be referenced starting in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 also supports the following AutoCAD Civil 3D Settings:
- Feature Settings
- Command Settings
- Label Style Default Settings
- Property Sets
- AutoCAD Resources
- Text Styles
- Granular control over which resources to reference from each referenced template
IFC Alignment Support
The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update adds the ability to import/export alignments/profiles as well as support for the version 4 and 4x1 IFC schemas.
Label Override Glyphs
The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update adds new commands to hide and show label override glyphs. The commands are located on the Label Text panel of the Annotate ribbon tab.
Reconnect Network Parts
The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update adds a new command to reconnect network parts. The Reconnect Network command is located on the Modify panel of the Pipe Networks ribbon tab.
Civil 3D 2018.1 Resolved Issues
The following fixes are included in the 2018.1 Update.
- An issue where AutoCAD Civil 3D is unresponsive after enabling all baselines in a corridor has been resolved.
- An issue where the export corridor to solid command produced unexpected results has been resolved.
- An issue that caused the arrangement of section views in legacy drawings to shift location has been resolved.
- An issue where Subassembly expression labels show incorrectly in Corridor Section Editor views has been resolved.
- An unexpected error that occurs when opening a host drawing after executing the Undo command on the sync of a data shortcut in a different drawing has been resolved.
- Child label styles that have contents overridden no longer get reset to the default value when reference templates are updated.
- When using the Audit command, parcel labels in a dragged state are no longer reset to the default location.
Pipe Networks and Pressure Networks
- An issue where analyzing a pipe network with a null structure as the first structure produces inconsistent results has been resolved.
- The performance of drawings with large pipe networks in profile views has been improved.
- An issue where the pipe network part list displays incorrectly when referenced with a reference template has been resolved.
- The pipe sizing report now displays the column headers with the proper "To" and "From" labels.
- An issue that caused unexpected results when grip editing a pressure pipe in 3D orbit has been resolved.
- An issue that caused apparent gaps between pipe network segments when viewing the pipe network in 3D orbit has been resolved.
- An issue that resulted in inconsistent grip behavior when using the FollowSurfaceInPV command has been resolved.
- An issue that set the elevation on an offset profile to 0 after deleting a segment of the parent profile has been resolved.
- An issue where data shortcuts are not visible in Autodesk Vault after importing a local data shortcut project folder has been resolved.
- An issue with Traverse Editor where adding or subtracting angles from a bearing yielded unexpected results has been resolved.
- Stability when using the Export to DWG command has been improved.
- An issue where renaming a style in a reference template causes a duplicate of the style to be created has been resolved.
- General improvements have been made to improve the stability of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Read the Readme