March 15, 2023 – Autodesk released Autodesk Access
Autodesk released the replacement for the Autodesk Desktop App called Autodesk Access.
Customers can now download Autodesk Access from the Autodesk Access landing page.
Autodesk Access official replaces the Autodesk Desktop App (ADA). Autodesk Access is built using Autodesk’s latest installation technology, providing the fastest install experience, and is focused first on updates. Access is the platform for many future capabilities Autodesk has planned to make the update experience better.
Here are the differences:
- Admin controls to disable users’ ability to install updates and new update notifications.
- No settings yet for the local download cache or installing from a shared network location.
- Product installs are redirected to Autodesk Account.
Customers get Autodesk Access in four ways starting March 15, 2023:
- With any new 2022 or later product installation after March 15th.
- As an automatic self-update of our installer.
This will be a progressive, percentage-based rollout ending around mid-May 2023.
- As an update to ADA, starting April 3, 2023.
- Direct installer download from the Access landing page (see above).
See the Autodesk Access FAQ on the AKN.