Apr 16, 2018 – Autodesk releases Autodesk Civil 3D 2019
Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
Civil 3D 2019
The new Civil 3D features list can be viewed on the Civil 3D What’s New page
Prior Version Interoperability and DWG Format
- Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 uses the AutoCAD 2018 drawing format.
- Drawings saved in Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 can be opened in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.
- Fixed vertical curves created with the Fixed Vertical Curve (Parabolic, High/Low Point, Parameter, Length) and Fixed Vertical Curve (Circular, High/Low Point, Parameter, Length) commands are not backward compatible with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.
For more information, see the Interoperability Between Versions Help topic.
Known Issues and Limitations
- If you plan to install Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2019 and Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 on the same computer, install Civil 3D 2019 first. If Civil 3D 2019 is installed after AutoCAD Architecture 2019, an error will occur if you attempt to export an alignment to the Industry Foundation Class (IFC) format from Civil 3D.
- If the tool palette which contains the subassemblies used for rehab corridors (named New Rehab by default) is deleted, the rehab corridor creation and editing commands will not operate correctly. To restore the tool palette, reinstall Autodesk Civil 3D 2019.
- When they are opened in Autodesk Civil 3D 2019, drawings that were created using the DWT files included in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 may default to showing the <None> page setup in the Plot dialog box and do not retain the name of a new selection (they return to the <None> selection) if you select a different page setup from the list. For information about how to resolve this issue, see the Interoperability Between Versions Help topic.
- Autodesk® InfraWorks® models must be upgraded to the InfraWorks 2019 release version before they can be opened in Autodesk® Civil 3D® 2019. If you attempt to open an InfraWorks model in Civil 3D 2019 that needs to be upgraded, an error message will be displayed at the command line. Open the model in InfraWorks 2019 to upgrade it and then close the model before opening it in Civil 3D 2019.
Note: To close an InfraWorks model, open a different model in InfraWorks or close InfraWorks.
Read the full Civil 3D 2019 Readme