Sept 4, 2019 – Autodesk releases the Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.1 Update
The Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.1 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
The Update requires access to the original Civil 3D 2020 install resources.
This Update can be uninstalled.
Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.1 Update
The Update release includes new and updated features, performance enhancements and fixes for Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.
The following list of new and updated features in the Civil 3D 2020.1 is a summary.
See the New Features in Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.1 page for details.
Design Efficiency Updates
- Create, edit, and export rail lines
- New options for viewing pressure networks in profile view
- Enhancements in the Analyze Gravity Network
Production Efficiency Updates
- Enhanced reference template features to manage styles and settings
- Better File Path updates in the Manage Data Shortcuts command
- A new system variable named PipeNetworkSyncMode to control the synchronization of data referenced pipe networks
Collaboration and Data Exchange Updates
These focus on Civil 3D to ESRI and ArcGIS integration.
- Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS
- Data Source Manager
- Publish to ArcGIS
- Export to FGDB
- Export Feature Lines to LandXML files
- The behavior of some of the Overlay Slope options in the corridor Rehab Subassemblies has been updated
- New Toolbox Reports for reporting Parcel information in a counter-clockwise direction
Fixed Issues in Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.1
The following is a complete listing of Civil 3D 2020.1 fixes from the
Fixed Issues in Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.1 page
See the Known Issues in Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.1 page for those details.
Autodesk Subassembly Composer
- Fixed an issue in which superelevation of subassemblies created from the Subassembly Composer was not incorporated into a corridor.
- Improved performance when opening rail subassembly PKT files that use cant.
- Fixed an issue in which rehab corridor terminology was translated inconsistently.
- Fixed an issue in which you could not close the folder selection dialog box when renaming the existing working folder.
- Fixed an issue in which data shortcut references would not synchronize correctly.
- Fixed an issue in which a data shortcut could be created from an unsaved drawing, which would result in a data shortcut without a source object.
Esri ArcGIS Data Workflows
- Improved stability when selecting a feature line that was imported from ArcGIS as a corridor baseline.
- Fixed an issue in which a feature line imported from ArcGIS with the same geometry and name as an existing feature line was not renamed.
Export Civil 3D Drawing
- Fixed an issue in which multileaders did not explode properly when using the Export Civil 3D Drawing command and exporting to the AutoCAD 2010 drawing version or an earlier drawing version.
- Fixed an issue in which the elevation of a feature line was set to zero when using the AUDIT command.
- Fixed an issue in which deleting a curve from a feature line would cause the resulting vertices to have incorrect elevations.
- Note: The AutoCAD 2020.1 Update contains a fix for an issue in which feature line glyphs would not appear after using the LAYISO command to isolate a layer in Civil 3D. For more information about the AutoCAD 2020.1 Update, see the AutoCAD 2020.1 Update Release Notes.
Interoperability with Autodesk InfraWorks
- Fixed an issue in which a curb and gutter component would be in the wrong orientation when brought into Civil 3D from InfraWorks.
- Fixed an issue that caused alignments to be added to sites when they were imported from a LandXML file.
- Fixed an issue in which the AutoCAD 2018 version of DXF was missing from the application menu.
- Improved stability when performing a Mapcheck analysis on a parcel with curved edges.
- Fixed an issue in which frozen layers were improperly displayed in shared views.
- Fixed an issue where in some environments, applying customization files caused Civil 3D to close unexpectedly on startup.
- Fixed an issue in which pipes and structures used the units specified in the pipe network feature settings instead of the units specified in the pipe and structure feature settings.
- Fixed an issue in which a pipe centerline that was referenced into a drawing using an xref was displayed using the color of the xref layer.
- Fixed an issue where pipe networks that used a style in which only the centerline was displayed in plan view were not visible when the visual style for the drawing was set to Conceptual.
- Fixed an issue in which spanning pipe labels could not be moved to new locations along pipes in a plan view.
- Fixed an issue in which inlet dimensions were not displayed in a gravity network analysis report.
- Fixed an issue in which the point data in a .csv file parsed incorrectly during the point import process when the data contained user defined properties.
- Fixed an issue in which the COGO points referenced into a drawing with an xref would update every time the drawing was opened.
- Fixed an issue that caused properties on the Query Builder tab of the Point Group Properties dialog box to change after attaching an external reference.
- Fixed an issue in which replacement parts were not applied properly when swapping pressure parts and an error would be displayed.
- Fixed an issue in which pressure network parts were removed unexpectedly from a profile view after using the Delete Part command. This issue would occur in cases where an alignment had been created from the pressure network in the opposite direction of the pressure network.
- Fixed an issue in which the location of a pressure network fitting in profile view was incorrect.
- Fixed an issue in which the last pressure network fitting was not included when creating an alignment from a pressure network.
- Fixed an issue in which a pressure pipe drawn off the end of an existing pipe in profile view using the Profile Layout Tools was added to the opposite end of the existing pipe.
- Fixed an issue in which a curved pipe in a pressure network appeared straight in plan view after using the Follow Surface command and then grip editing the pipe in profile view.
- Fixed an issue in which changing the reference alignment of a pressure network did not update the pressure network labels.
- Fixed an issue in which you could not set the pressure network catalog after applying a custom user profile.
- Fixed an issue in which plug and cap fittings were not displayed correctly in a profile view.
- Fixed an issue in which pressure pipe fittings on a frozen layer were improperly displayed after using the REGEN command.
- Fixed an issue in which pressure pipe fittings were improperly scaled in a profile view when opened in an object-enabled AutoCAD session.
- Fixed an issue in which the saved path of a reference template could not be changed.
- Fixed an issue in which the Plotted Unit Display Type and Driving Direction in the Ambient Settings were not referenced into a host drawing from a reference template.
- Fixed an issue with reference templates in which the Blocks check box on the Other Resource tab could not be cleared when there were no blocks in the collection.
- Improved stability when using the preview pane in the Attach Referenced Template dialog box.
- Fixed an issue in which grading criteria sets were not displayed in the Attach Referenced Template dialog box.
- Fixed an issue in which an attached reference template would overwrite the units in a drawing.
- Fixed an issue for volume surface elevation analysis in which an incorrect volume surface was reported when the maximum elevation range was greater than the surface maximum elevation but less than 0.
- Fixed an issue where the volume of a volume surface shown in a surface elevation legend table did not match the volume shown in the surface properties.
- Fixed an issue where the volume of a volume surface shown in a surface elevation legend table was incorrect when the elevation analysis contained a range with a negative elevation value.
- Fixed an issue in which survey figure data imported incompletely.
- Fixed an issue where accessing survey figure properties in model space from within a locked layout viewport would cause the viewport scale to change.
- Fixed an issue in which you could not select a network path as the working folder for a survey database.
- Fixed an issue in which side shots were incorrectly included in a traverse after performing an adjustment.