Feb 28, 2020 – Autodesk releases the Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.3 Update
The Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.3 Update is now available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
The Update requires access to the original Civil 3D 2020 install resources.
This Update can be uninstalled.
You should also install the latest version of Autodesk Desktop Connector and the AutoCAD 2020.1.2 Update. The latest version of the Autodesk Desktop Connector (v 126.96.36.1999) was released Feb 26, 2020.
Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.3 Update
Civil 3D 2020 Update 3 is focused on general Civil 3D 2020 improvements and fixes; improved BIM 360 Collaboration for Civil 3D; and ArcGIS Connector improvements.
Autodesk Collaboration for Civil 3D
- Fixed an issue in which data shortcut source drawings that were located outside the project folder were not cached when the project was selected as the active data shortcut project.
- Fixed an issue in which data shortcut source drawings that were located outside the project folder did not have the correct source location displayed for them after they were uploaded to BIM 360.
- Fixed an issue in which a temporary file would be created and the drawing would not be saved when attempting to save a drawing to BIM 360.
- Fixed an issue in which drawings would become read-only when saved to BIM 360.
- Fixed an issue in which data shortcut references would be broken after the data shortcut source drawing was moved to a new location.
- Fixed an issue that affected performance when opening drawings from BIM 360 using Autodesk Desktop Connector.
- Fixed an issue in which an .xml file that was used as surface data in a drawing was uploaded to two different locations in BIM 360.
- Fixed an issue in which references to surface source data were not updated correctly.
- Fixed an issue in which crossing objects in profile views and pressure network data bands in profile views did not appear in the BIM 360 Viewer.
- Fixed an issue in which you could not select a project template that was located in BIM 360 when creating a new data shortcut project.
- Fixed an issue in which the locked state information was not displayed correctly on the BIM 360 page of the Start tab.
- Fixed an issue in which untranslated text would be displayed on the Start tab in non-English versions of Civil 3D until switching to another page of the Start tab.
- Improved unlocking behavior by unlocking drawings immediately after they are closed if they have not been changed.
- Improved performance when refreshing the Data Shortcuts node in the Prospector tree and when setting the data shortcut project folder.
Autodesk Collaboration for Civil 3D Known Issues
- It is recommended that the data used in a project is stored within one BIM 360 project. References that are made from drawings in one BIM 360 project to data in another BIM 360 project may not resolve correctly.
- When you edit and save a drawing which contains a reference to a large surface MMS file, the MMS file may be uploaded even if the surface itself has not changed.
- Drawings that have references to each other may not be uploaded successfully to BIM 360 and an error message may be displayed in Autodesk Desktop Connector.
- In some circumstances, the Civil 3D Start tab may be blank. If this occurs, press F5 to refresh the screen.
- Fixed an issue in which the wrong alignment would be associated with a profile when creating a profile reference if there were two identically named alignments in different source drawings in the project.
- Fixed an issue in which corridor point labels were not displayed in some cross sections for a data referenced corridor if the corridor contained multiple regions.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when importing a surface into a drawing if the same surface had previously been added to the drawing as a data shortcut reference.
- Fixed an issue in which you could not use the Open Source Drawing command from the context menu in the drawing area.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when saving a data shortcut source drawing.
- Improved performance when saving a data shortcut drawing.
Drawing Exporting and Saving
- Fixed an issue in which labels for COGO points were rotated incorrectly after using the Export Civil 3D Drawing command.
- Fixed an issue in which user defined properties in COGO point labels were missing after using the Export Civil 3D Drawing command.
- Fixed an issue in which an annotative block that was used as a marker would be scaled incorrectly when the drawing was exported using the Export Civil 3D Drawing command.
- Fixed an issue in which a drawing that contained a pipe network could not be saved in version 2010 or 2013 of DWG or DXF formats.
ESRI ArcGIS Data Workflows
- Fixed an issue in which some parcels would be published to ArcGIS with incorrect geometry.
- Fixed an issue in which you could not select points from the drawing when using the Publish to ArcGIS command or the Export to FGDB command.
- Fixed an issue that caused data to be offset after it was brought into Civil 3D and then published back to ArcGIS.
- Additional pipe and structure properties are now published or exported when using the Publish to ArcGIS command or the Export to FGDB command.
- Fixed an issue in which a feature line PI would not obtain its elevation from an object to which it was snapped.
- Fixed an issue in which profile labels for pipe networks could not be added to a block using the WBLOCK command.
- Fixed an issue with the Civil 3D Object Enabler in which blocks could not be inserted from tool palettes in an object-enabled AutoCAD.
- Fixed an issue in which the Proxy Information dialog box would be displayed when opening an empty drawing in a previous version of the application.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when connecting a null structure to a pipe.
- Fixed an issue in which the 3D length of a curved pressure pipe was smaller than its 2D length.
- Fixed an issue in which a profile was displayed incorrectly in a profile view if the associated alignment contained a curve that was created in a clockwise direction.
- Fixed an issue in which styles that were applied as style overrides for objects in profile views were missing after the styles were referenced into the drawing from a reference template.
- Fixed an issue in which a child label style would not be updated correctly in a drawing when the parent label style was referenced from a reference template.
- Updated the message that is displayed if pipe rule sets in a reference template already exist in the drawing and have been applied to pipe networks.
- Fixed an issue in which the Paste Surface command would display an error message in some cases.