Dec 5, 2022 – Autodesk released Autodesk Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
The Autodesk Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop Connector app or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
The update requires access to the original install resources.
The Civil 3D 2023.2 Update should be installed prior to the 2023.2.1 Update.
The Civil 3D 2023 Collaboration functionally requires the most recent version of the Autodesk Desktop Connector (188.8.131.522).
It is also recommended that you install the AutoCAD 2023.1.2 update.
Autodesk Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
The Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update is a significant Update to Civil 3D to enable the recent Autodesk Desktop Connector 16.0 Update changes.
The Civil 3D 2023.2.2 Release Notes.
Autodesk Collaboration for Civil 3D
All fixes and enhancements listed below for Autodesk Collaboration for Civil 3D require the Autodesk Desktop Connector 184.108.40.2062 or later to be installed.
- The associated sheet set (DST) is now downloaded automatically when opening a sheet drawing. With this new behavior, Event Viewer no longer shows sheet number validation errors or warnings when opening a sheet drawing, and the sheet numbers are no longer incorrect.
- Improved the performance of displaying a data shortcut project that is stored in Autodesk Docs in the Prospector tree, especially when there is a large number of data shortcuts.
- Improved the performance when switching to an open drawing that is stored in Autodesk Docs by selecting the file tab in the application window.
- Improved the performance of opening files from the Start tab.
- Referenced drawings in a nested reference chain no longer become stale after editing, and their host drawings now synchronize the changes.
- Improved the performance when resolving data shortcuts that are in files which are also referenced as xrefs.
- Notifications about changes available in xrefs and data shortcut references are now displayed automatically. A manual check is not needed.
- Removed the Check Reference Status button on the ribbon. With the updates to Desktop Connector, automatic synchronization now occurs for xrefs and data shortcut references.
- Reference files that are not stored in Autodesk Docs are no longer uploaded when saving or dragging and dropping their host drawings to the Desktop Connector folder. It is recommended to prepare references in Autodesk Docs first before creating references. You can also use the new Upload Files and References tool available in Desktop Connector 220.127.116.112 to upload references together with their host drawings.
The following performance enhancements have been implemented:
- Opening a drawing that is stored in Autodesk Docs does not download the data referenced source drawings that have no changes. This prevents unnecessary data synchronization and improves the performance and efficiency of opening a drawing.
- Surface files that are referenced are not downloaded when opening a drawing. They are downloaded when needed, such as when the surface is rebuilt. This prevents unnecessary data synchronization and improves the performance and efficiency of opening a drawing.
- For xrefs that are unloaded or attached as an overlay (nested), opening a drawing does not download them, which avoids unnecessary data synchronization. Users can use overlays and unloading to manage what will or will not need to be downloaded.
- If all the needed files are cached on the local machine, opening a drawing stored in Autodesk Docs using Desktop Connector v. 18.104.22.1682 or later could get better performance than with prior versions of Desktop Connector. This is because prior to v. 22.214.171.1242, Desktop Connector checked for all reference dependencies every time, which can be time-consuming when there are numerous references.
- Improved stability when working in drawings that contain data shortcut references when synchronizing the data shortcuts or zooming in the drawing when the Level of Detail option is switched on.
- Fixed an issue in which labels hidden in model space using the new label group display options in Civil 3D 2023.2 could not be plotted in some cases.
- Fixed an issue in which labels hidden in paper space with AeccViewportOpt turned on could not be plotted in some cases.
- Fixed an issue in which AeccCustomDraw.arx could not be loaded.
- Fixed an issue in which direction arrows in a pipe's label did not follow the pipe direction correctly when the pipe was rotated.
Autodesk Collaboration for Civil 3D
- Opening the same drawing file that is stored in Autodesk Docs from different computers at the same time may lead to unexpected errors.
- Recently-used files that are stored in Autodesk Docs will be downloaded when starting Civil 3D if they were removed from your local drive by using the Free Up Space option.
- The CloudCollabModifiedOption variable no longer has an effect when Desktop Connector v. 126.96.36.1992 or later is installed. Files will not be unlocked until changes have finished uploading regardless of the variable setting.
- A message prompting you to synchronize data shortcut references may be displayed before the source drawing has finished uploading. If you immediately click Synchronize in the notification, the drawing changes may not be loaded. When the drawing has finished uploading, you can click Synchronize in the notification, or you can use the Synchronize References command on the ribbon to reload the source drawing.
- A Desktop Connector error indicating that a file has failed to lock automatically may be displayed repeatedly if you attempt to open a drawing or set the working folder in a data shortcut project folder for which you do not have Edit permission. Civil 3D is not blocked by this error and you can close the message when the process has been completed.