Jan 2, 2024 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
The Autodesk Civil 3D 2024.3 Update is available via the Autodesk Access app or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
The update requires access to the original install resources.
Official release date is Jan 2, 2023.
It is recommended that you first install all Windows updates prior to installing this Update.
There is a separate updated version of the Civil 3D 2024.3 Object Enabler available.
The Civil 3D 2024.3 Update cannot be uninstalled.
To restore Civil 3D to a prior version of Civil 3D 2024, you must reinstall it.
Autodesk Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Civil 3D 2024.3 Update provides enhancements to several areas.
There are major Enhancements for Corridor workflows in the Update. This includes the ability to select multiple Baselines sources during Corridor creation.
There are Miscellaneous Enhancements for Infraworks tunnel imports to Civil 3D, the ability to export deleted data shortcuts in Vault, and added tolerance during elevation retrieval from profile sub-entities.
There are a lot of important Fixed Issues in this Update.
Read the What's New in Civil 3D 2024.3 Update Release Notes in the Civil 3D 2024 on-line Help
- Added support for creating multiple baselines while generating corridors:
- Select multiple baselines during corridor creation.
- Select two types of baselines, including alignments and profiles/feature lines, during the corridor creation process.
- Expanded selection options for feature lines used as baselines:
- filter feature lines by Name, Style, Layer, and Site to narrow down the selection scope.
- Edit multiple baselines and assemblies during corridor creation.
- Note: when editing multiple baselines and assemblies, the shift key needs to be pressed continuously.
- Add code set styles during corridor creation, eliminating the need to edit the corridor after creation.
- Change multiple assemblies in the Parameter Tab or Corridor Properties Dialog.
- This allows multiple changes to assemblies for regions under the same baseline or for different baselines.
New in Dynamo for Civil 3D
- Dynamo core version has been updated to Dynamo 2.19
New API Enhancements
- Added the ability to call the API to export C3D objects to the ArcGIS FileGeodatabase to automate workflows from Civil 3D to ArcGIS.
Read the Fixed Issues Release Notes in the Civil 3D 2024 on-line Help.
There are significant performance fixes included specifically for Data Shortcut and Corridor performance related issues.
- Fixed an issue in which the cant value was incorrect at a cant transition area.
- Fixed an issue in which the Apparent Intersection Object Snap was not working as expected if the alignment was not drawn horizontally.
- Fixed an issue in which the station offset labels were not correct when using a station index format.
- Fixed an issue in which the station equation applied at the point of intersection station was calculated twice.
- Fixed an issue in which the best fit alignment creation report could not be read when using a computer monitor with 4K resolution.
- Fixed an issue in which an exception would occur when using the API Spiral.Direction for an SCS (spiral-curve-spiral) without an arc.
- Fixed an API issue in which a dialog box would be displayed when setting the ProfilePVI.Station property.
- Fixed an issue in the .NET API for SubassemblyCollection::ImportSubassembly to allow users to create a subassembly in the drawing for a subassembly created from code or in the Subassembly Composer.
Assemblies and Subassemblies
- Fixed an issue in which the corridor top surfaces were not created successfully when the corridor used the BridgeBoxGirder1 subassembly or the BridgeBoxGirder2 subassembly.
- Fixed an issue in which a subassembly shape could not be removed from the Material List tab in the Sample Line Group Properties dialog box.
- Fixed an issue with the subassembly LinkOffsetAndElevation.
Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS
- Fixed an error that would occur when importing imagery data from ArcGIS Online in which the selected area was out of the coordinate system extents.
Autodesk Collaboration for Civil 3D
- Added progress bars that appear during the process of creating a new sheet set and sheets in Autodesk Docs using Plan Production tools.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when browsing for objects in a Vault project whose source drawing had been moved out of the current project folder.
- Fixed an issue in which the Open (Read-Only) and Check Out commands on the context menu did not work in Vault projects when the folder containing the source drawings was not expanded in the Prospector tree.
- Fixed an issue in which the contextual ribbon was not updated after a catchment was selected.
- Fixed an issue in which points with point numbers larger than 2,147,000,000 would be assigned a negative value when assigned to a point group.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when using corridor rehab functionality.
- Fixed an issue in which a data referenced corridor's offset region was not generated when using a feature line as its baseline.
- Fixed an issue in which corridor rendering was incorrect when the corridor used subassemblies containing vertical links.
- Fixed an issue in which a rail corridor was incorrect when its baseline contained both negative and positive cant.
- Fixed an issue in which a surface boundary was incorrect when it was created from a corridor.
- Fixed an issue in which the Select Entities dialog box displayed an incorrect number of entities available for use for corridor targeting.
- Corridor rebuild time has been improved by 12% to 40% for corridors that use the same objects for both offset and vertical targets.
- Fixed an issue in which all points were not exported from the corridor when the regions had the same baseline.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when adding a sample line source in the Section Sources dialog box.
- Fixed an issue in which updating the feature line label style in the Properties Palette for a projected or crossing feature line would not update the style in the the Cross Section View properties.
- Fixed an issue in which it was not possible to replace source drawing names in the Data Shortcuts Editor.
- Optimized the process of setting the working folder to reduce operating time, especially for the data shared on a Local Area Network (LAN).
- Added the option of using multi-threading to read files and check sub-folders in order to speed up the process of setting the working folder, in addition to the above optimization.
- Added a message at the command line to inform you which locked layer impacts a link when linking to a data reference on a locked layer.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when switching the working folder to a folder from which permissions were removed. A message will be displayed to inform you that the folder is read-only.
- Please use the system variable EnableDSMultiThread to enable multi-threading if there are many projects and setting the working folder is slow. For more information, see To Control Whether Multi-Threading is Enabled While Setting the Working Folder for Data Shortcuts.
Dynamo for Civil 3D
- A message dialog box is now displayed if you try to close Civil 3D before saving a Dynamo graph.
- Fixed an issue in which not all major station values of alignments would be found by a Dynamo graph.
Export Civil 3D Drawing
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur after exporting drawings.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when copying feature lines from a site whose name included special characters.
- Fixed an issue in which an intersection would become static when editing an alignment that is a component of the intersection.
- Fixed an issue in which labels hidden in model space using the new label group display options in Civil 3D 2023.2 could not be plotted in some cases.
- Fixed an issue in which labels hidden in paper space with AeccViewportOpt turned on could not be plotted in some cases.
- Fixed an issue in which the Geometric Center option was not shown in the Object Snap menu.
- Fixed a stability issue in the French, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese versions of Civil 3D that would occur when opening some specific drawings.
- Fixed an issue in which some contextual menu features were missing in the Spanish version of Civil 3D.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when closing a drawing when the Station Tracker was visible.
- Fixed an issue in which 3D solids would lose their properties when exported to IFC.
- Fixed an issue in which latitude and longitude and grid coordinates were different when using a Map 3D coordinate system and Civil 3D coordinate system.
- A separate entry to uninstall Object Enabler is no longer provided in the Control Panel. The Object Enabler is now uninstalled when you uninstall Civil 3D.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when opening a DWG file in Autodesk Navisworks with the Civil 3D Object Enabler installed.
- Fixed an issue in which the parcel line labels in tag mode could not be selected from the drawing when creating a parcel line table.
- Fixed an issue in which parcel labels would turn to question marks (???) after inserting an xref and using the Bind option.
- Fixed an issue in which selecting a profile would be unsuccessful when adding an extrusion in the Part Builder.
- Fixed an issue in which the wall thickness could not be changed in the Part Builder.
- Fixed an issue in which the results message of the RegenNetwork command was not clear.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when some pipe parameters have invalid values.
- Fixed an issue in which a pipe's label was positioned incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue in which the rectangular pipe start elevation was calculated by the pipe width.
- Fixed an issue in which some structure boundaries were shown incorrectly in profile view.
- Fixed an issue in which gravity pipe network rule settings were not saved when the ISAVEPERCENT system variable was set to 50 in Civil 3D.
- Fixed an issue in which the default name formats could not be edited in the Edit Feature Settings - View Frame Group dialog box.
- Fixed an issue in which the 2D length value in a pressure pipe spanning label was not correct after using UNDO and REDO.
- Fixed a stability issue that would occur when adding a profile view label with the Nearest object snap.
- Fixed an issue in which an offset profile was created incompletely if the parent alignment contained a spiral.
- Fixed an issue in which the profile view style grid was not displayed correctly when the Major Tick Details interval was less than the value of (Alignment.StartStation - ProfileView.StartStation).
- Fixed an issue in which a profile label was missing when the profile view was drawn from right to left.
- Fixed an issue in which an offset alignment profile was incomplete in some scenarios.
- Fixed an issue in which the property sets list was blank and the count was zero when multiple objects were selected which had common property sets assigned.
- Fixed an issue in which a volume report generated from Select Material.xsl or Mass Haul - Multiple Materials.xsl would not open automatically.
- Fixed an issue in which a volume report would not be generated successfully when selecting the Mass Haul - Multiple Materials.xsl or Select Material.xsl style sheet.
- Fixed an issue in which the resulting style was not updated when creating a volume report from different style sheets.
- Fixed an issue in which a volume report incorrectly showed zero quantities.
- Fixed an issue in which a volume report would not open when using some .xsl files from the Sweden Country Kit for Civil 3D.
- Fixed an issue in which a surface created from an imported DEM TIFF file was shifted.
- Fixed an issue in which it was not possible to create a cropped surface in a drawing with a UCS assigned to it.
- Fixed an issue in which math operations (+/-) were not working with DMS symbols and spaces between DMS values entered into the Angle and/or Radial field (line or curve) in the Traverse Editor.
- Fixed an issue in which survey linework imported from an FBK file was not processed correctly.