Jul 6, 2021 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Desktop Connector 126.96.36.1996 Update
The Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.11 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The official listed release date was June 28, 2021.
The Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) update build version is 188.8.131.526.
Notification was not available via the Desktop Connector interface until a few days after the official release date.
Warning: Check the Release Notes page in Autodesk Desktop Connector Help for the current and correct download link.
Download the latest build of Autodesk Desktop Connector
Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.11
If you are upgrading from an ADC release prior to 14.8 see the important Release Notes.
Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.11 Install Details
The Desktop Connector install is manual and overwrites any previously installed version of the Desktop Connector.
A computer Restart is suggested to complete the install.
Note that Autodesk clearly states that Autodesk Customer Support only supports the current version of the Desktop Connector.
New Features and Enhancements
- Reduced overhead in dwg reference handling resulting in improved performance of reference gathering, and lower resource consumption.
- Added support for handling Unloaded dwg References
Current versions of the Desktop Connector work best with Civil 3D 2022, Civil 3D 2021.2+ and Civil 3D 2020.6+ Updates that are also currently available.
- Exiting Desktop Connector tray causes File Explorer hang and does not exit the drives
- Send Feedback command is not functional
- Clicking on Tray icon causes unexpectedly opens the online help page in the browser
- File in use errors encountered when saving a child when the parent is also open.
- "Drawing file is write protected"
- "One or more objects in the drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created."
Read the Release Notes