Aug 4, 2021 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Desktop Connector 188.8.131.521 Update
The Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.12 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The official listed release date was July 28, 2021.
The Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) update build version is 184.108.40.2061.
Notification was not available via the Desktop Connector interface until a few days after the official release date.
Warning: Check the Release Notes page in Autodesk Desktop Connector Help for the current and correct download link.
Download the latest build of Autodesk Desktop Connector
Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.12
If you are upgrading from an ADC release prior to 14.8 see the important Release Notes.
Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.12 Install Details
The Desktop Connector install is manual and overwrites any previously installed version of the Desktop Connector.
A computer Restart is suggested to complete the install.
Note that Autodesk clearly states that Autodesk Customer Support only supports the current version of the Desktop Connector.
New Features and Enhancements
- Autodesk Construction Cloud drive now supports the View Online capability in Desktop Connector
Current versions of the Desktop Connector work best with the Civil 3D 2022+, Civil 3D 2021.3+ and Civil 3D 2020.6+ Updates that are also currently available.
- Users will experience faster performance when Opening DWG files that exist locally
- Changes to how files are marked read-only which will significantly reduce occurrences of "File in use" category of errors
- Improved messaging to provide better awareness when a file is opened if the file is locked by another user
- Improved messaging in workflows which will result in files being sent to the recycle bin
- When DWG files are opened from the Desktop Connector workspace, transient files (ex. bak, dwl, dwl2) will no longer be created
- Desktop Connector will ignore activity initiated by Sophos anti-virus (SavService)
Read the Release Notes