Dec 10, 2020 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Desktop Connector 184.108.40.2064 Update
The Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.5 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The official listed release date was Dec 10, 2020.
The Desktop Connector Update build version is 220.127.116.114.
This download is available via direct download from the Subscription site on the official release date. Notification is not available via the Autodesk Desktop App or the Desktop Connector interface until a few days after the official release date.
Warning: See the Release Notes page in Autodesk Desktop Connector Help for the current and correct download link.
Download the latest December build of Autodesk Desktop Connector 18.104.22.1684
Autodesk Desktop Connector 14.5 Update
The install is manual and overwrites any previously installed version of the Desktop Connector. As usual a computer Restart is required to complete the install.
This version of the Desktop Connector works best with Civil 3D 2021.2+ and Civil 3D 2020.5.1+ Updates that are also currently available.
New Features and Enhancements
- HTML files generated as log file artifacts by several Autodesk products will no longer upload to the cloud during the application workflow
- Filtering additional Antivirus applications to reduce unnecessary uploads of file versions (ESET Kernel Service, Kaspersky Internet Security)
- Filtering atmp temporary files from uploading to the cloud generated by AutoCAD (and vertical) save workflows
- Desktop Connector more accurately detects file content changes to reduce unnecessary file versioning
- Certain unsupported operations which result in failed pending actions will no longer automatically replay
- Additional logging to provide more context to the product team when issues are reported
- Many improvements made to detect and reduce the occurrence of "File In Use" conflicts
- Performance improvements made when multiselecting a large number of files and invoking the right-click context menu in File Explorer
- Pending Actions "stacking" issue which caused machine resources (CPU/memory) to spike. Mainly impacting workflows including DST files.
- Users signing out or going offline are properly navigated to ThisPC
- Resolved CERs relating to clearing files from the Pending actions file list (in the right-hand pane)
Read the Release Notes