Oct 5, 2021 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Desktop Connector 126.96.36.1997 Update
The Autodesk Desktop Connector 15.1 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The official listed release date is Nov 1, 2021.
The Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) update build version is 188.8.131.527.
Notification was not available via the Desktop Connector interface until a few days after the official release date.
Warning: Check the Release Notes page in Autodesk Desktop Connector Help for the current and correct download link.
Download the latest build of Autodesk Desktop Connector
Autodesk Desktop Connector 15.1
If you are upgrading from an ADC release prior to 14.8 see the important Release Notes.
Autodesk Desktop Connector 15.1 Install Details
The Desktop Connector install is manual and overwrites any previously installed version of the Desktop Connector.
A computer Restart is suggested.
Note that Autodesk clearly states that Autodesk Customer Support only supports the current version of the Desktop Connector.
New Features and Enhancements
- DWK files are no longer uploaded automatically
- All users of Desktop Connector are now seeing a more modern look in File Explorer. The new look includes icons representing file status in the File Explorer status column. For more information see the File Icon Statuses help topic.
- Support for File Naming Standard compliance (ISO-19650) in the Autodesk Docs drive. The visual status column will display a new icon when a file does not adhere to the set File Naming Standard. For more information see the File Icon Statuses help topic.
Current versions of the Desktop Connector work best with the Civil 3D 2022.1+, Civil 3D 2021.3+ and Civil 3D 2020.6+ Updates that are also currently available.
- Failure to open dwg file when a dwk file is present in Map3D attach workflow
- Invalid message on startup that the pending actions file is corrupt
- Upload, cancel, upload workflow sometimes causes file name to be truncated
Read the Release Notes