Aug 25, 2022 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Desktop Connector 220.127.116.117 Update
The Autodesk Desktop Connector 15.8.0 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The official listed release date is Aug 25, 2022.
The Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) update build version is 18.104.22.1687.
Notification was not available via the Desktop Connector interface until a few days after the official release date.
Warning: Check the Release Notes page in Autodesk Desktop Connector Help for the current and correct download link.
Download the latest build of Autodesk Desktop Connector
Autodesk Desktop Connector 15.8.0
This ADC release supports the Autodesk 2023 products.
Autodesk Desktop Connector 15.8.0 Install Details
The Desktop Connector install is manual and overwrites any previously installed version of the Desktop Connector.
A computer Restart is suggested.
Note that Autodesk clearly states that Autodesk Customer Support only supports the current version of the Desktop Connector.
New Features and Enhancements
- Enhancements to Reference Explorer:
- Visibility of whether the relationship is an Xref/Dref/Both
- Visibility of whether the relationship is an Overlay
- Ability to Export the graph view to external png file
- Improved caching to increase performance and reduce calls to the server
- Desktop Connector cannot be closed while sign in dialog is open
- User unable to view Project in ACC Docs and Revit
- Improved performance when opening DWG files on Autodesk Docs.
You may observe as much as 40% faster DWG open times when the drawing contains a significant number of references to Civil 3D data including Drefs, reference templates, surfaces, and so on.
- Fixed an issue in which an unexpected Related Data folder is created when uploading a Civil 3D host drawing that has a large surface (MMS file) reference using Desktop Connector.
- Added the ability that a Civil 3D cloud view frame template path can be updated automatically when drawing opened from different machines, so users can create sheets based on the view frame template selected by others correctly.
- Fixed an issue in which duplicate data reference drawing sources were uploaded when adding a host drawing to Autodesk Docs using Desktop Connector.
- Shortcuts crashing in File Explorer during RT-Click operation
- Several Help About links not resolving
- Fail to set data shortcut working folder when selecting a folder with only View + Download permission
- Double-click on "Autodesk Docs" drive and nothing happens in Desktop Connector
- The user is unable to view the BIM 360 Project in Revit and Autodesk Docs
- Fixed an issue in which custom properties were missing when dragging and dropping sheet set files to the cloud or when multiple users are working on the same sheet set file to add custom properties
Read the Release Notes