Nov 30, 2022 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Desktop Connector 184.108.40.2062
The Autodesk Desktop Connector 220.127.116.112 is available via the Autodesk Desktop Connector App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The official listed release date is Nov 30, 2022.
The Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) update build version is 18.104.22.1682.
There are significant changes in the Autodesk Desktop Connector 22.214.171.1242.
Warning: Check the Release Notes page in Autodesk Desktop Connector Help for the current and correct download link.
Download the latest build of Autodesk Desktop Connector
Autodesk Desktop Connector 126.96.36.1992
This Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) release supports the Autodesk 2023 products.
There may be issues with earlier Autodesk Civil 3D product releases.
Autodesk Desktop Connector 188.8.131.522 Install Details
The previous version of ADC 15.8 must be uninstalled prior to the installation of Autodesk Desktop Connector 184.108.40.2062.
The Desktop Connector install is manual.
A computer Restart is suggested.
Note that Autodesk clearly states that Autodesk Customer Support only supports the current version of the Desktop Connector.
New Features and Enhancements
Read the Release Notes for detailed explanations of the following:
Home Screen Experience
- Unique experience for each entitled data source
- Autodesk Docs / BIM 360 Docs activity shown directly in the Home Screen
Autodesk Docs Project Management
- Option to add and sync 40 Projects locally in Autodesk Docs connector.
Long Path Handling
- Long Paths are not supported but we have made strides to allow users to perform basic operation on files with long paths
- Behaviors are similar to OneDrive which shortens the path to 8.3 format to allow up to 466 character handling rather than the typical 255 characters
- You will be informed during project subscription or during file Open when a Long Path is encountered
Conflict and Error Management
- New conflict handling options available to the user to select whether the cloud or local copy wins
- Introducing error options to Undo or Retry the operation
Improved Lock Messaging
- When Desktop Connector was unable to obtain a lock the user is notified to proceed with caution or to obtain the lock from the web
- Unique lock icons indicate whether the current user or another user has the file locked
New Sign in Discoverability and Workflow
New Permissions Handling
- Users are able to see the full path to their data and navigate into folders they don't have permissions to get to the folders they do have permissions to
- Note: Files will not be visible in folders if the user does not have at least view permission
Upload Files and References tool
- Enables you to add design files and view all their gathered references and related data before uploading all listed files to the cloud
New Offline experience (Autodesk Docs connector)
- While working in offline mode, activity in the Docs workspace will be recorded and queued in the Home Screen and run when you come back online
- Note: Activity in the workspace while Desktop Connector is not running is not currently supported
Operating System Support
- All supported versions of Windows 10 or Windows 11 are now supported. If Microsoft doesn't support it...neither do we
BIM Team connector
- The BIM Team connector is no longer included in Desktop Connector releases going forward
- If you have need to use the BIM Team connector you can continue using previous releases of Desktop Connector which include it
New workspace location
- This release has temporarily removed the Change Workspace command
- The workspace has been moved to a new location under %userprofile%\DC\
Multiple Autodesk User support
- Multiple Autodesk users who share the same machine login, can share the same Desktop Connector installation
- When logging into your Autodesk account you will be notified that the other users local workspace files will be removed since the two users will share the same workspace location.
- Note: Multiple users with unique machine logins are not supported running simultaneously with Desktop Connector.
- For this release of Desktop Connector, the Navisworks workflows are not fully supported for Docs connector (Fusion and Drive connectors are supported)
- For Example: Automatic file locking behaviors may get in the way of the desired user experience and require manually unlocking files.
- For this release of Desktop Connector, the Inventor workflows are not supported for the Docs connector (Fusion and Drive connectors are supported)
- For Example: Saving files from Inventor may result in "Unexpected Error" and any edits made to the file may not be properly uploaded