June 20, 2023 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Desktop Connector 126.96.36.1995
The Autodesk Desktop Connector 188.8.131.525 is available via Autodesk Access or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The official listed release date is June 20, 2023.
The Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) update build version is 184.108.40.2065.
Warning: Check the Release Notes page in Autodesk Desktop Connector Help for the current and correct download link.
Download the latest build of Autodesk Desktop Connector
Autodesk Desktop Connector 220.127.116.115
This Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) release supports the Autodesk 2024 products.
AutoCAD 2024 (and verticals) require Desktop Connector 16.0 or above.
If Desktop Connector 15.x versions are installed, AutoCAD will inform you that Desktop Connector needs to be updated.
- Fixed a bug when your software crashed Desktop Connector leaves contents in the workspace that are difficult to delete. In this version if you experience a software crash Desktop Connector will be left in a state where files can be easily found and deleted.
- Fixed a bug when you would attempt to move a file from folder a to folder b it would result in a failed job.
- Fixed a bug when you attempt to upload a file Desktop Connector would fail resulting in a failed job.
- Fixed a bug where Revit family backup files were included in the upload (0001.rfa files). These files will no longer be uploaded.
- Fixed a bug where we will no longer upload or download IWM (Infraworks) files to the Desktop Connector workspace.
- Fixed a bug where both etransmit and publish commands would result in a failed job while using Sheet Set Manager for the web.
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for the latest release of SolidWorks 2023
- A new Welcome Dialog experience to make it easier to get started with Desktop Connector. This experience will happen upon a new install of Desktop Connector and you will have a clean first experience with no stacking of dialogs
- Added a dialog which will appear if a trailing whitespace has been identified in file names
- Added additional functionality to the diagnostic log collection process to check if a leader or trailing whitespace has been identified and places a text file in the log location for troubleshooting
Important Sign in Process Updates
With the release of Autodesk 2024 products the sign-in process may require you to sign in twice depending on the version of the software you are using with Desktop Connector version.
The 2023 and previous versions of Autodesk software use Autodesk Single Sign on Component (AdSSO) which is compatible with Desktop Connector v15.x - v18.104.22.1686 and will have the single sign-on experience.
The following examples explain the difference that you will see when using different versions of Autodesk products with Desktop Connector:
- If you are using AutoCAD 2024 with Desktop Connector 16.3 you will only have to sign in once.
- If you are using AutoCAD 2023 (and previous versions) with Desktop Connector 16.2.1 or previous you will only have to sign in once to be automatically signed into both AutoCAD and Desktop Connector.
- If you are using AutoCAD 2024 with Desktop Connector 16.2.1 or previous you will have to sign in twice, once into AutoCAD and again for Desktop Connector.
The following page Can my Company use Versions 15.x and 16.x on the Same Project has been updated to reflect the differences in the workflow in the Save and SaveAs commands between the v15.x and 16.x versions of the Desktop Connector.
Read the Release Notes