Aug 18, 2023 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Desktop Connector 22.214.171.1242
The Autodesk Desktop Connector 126.96.36.1992 is available via Autodesk Access or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The official listed release date is Aug 17, 2023.
The Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) update build version is 188.8.131.522.
Warning: Check the Release Notes page in Autodesk Desktop Connector Help for the current and correct download link.
Download the latest build of Autodesk Desktop Connector
Autodesk Desktop Connector 184.108.40.2062
This Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) release supports the Autodesk 2024 products.
AutoCAD 2024 (and verticals) require Desktop Connector 16.0 or above.
If Desktop Connector 15.x versions are installed, AutoCAD will inform you that Desktop Connector needs to be updated.
Read the Release Notes
New Features and Enhancements
Intelligent Polling is a new capability in Desktop Connector which gives syncing priority to the most used projects. For those priority Projects we will continue to sync at the same frequency. For less used Projects we will sync less frequently.
Any file activity (ie. file open and save) in the Project will cause syncing to happen immediately.
Desktop Connector now syncs files when a machine goes idle (no keyboard or mouse input for 30 minutes).
Long File Path Identification
During startup and project selection, Desktop Connector will write to a file any long paths which are identified within the workspace.
An Updated Diagnostic Log
The improved Diagnostic Log collector gathers a list of files which have not yet been synced.
- Sync data will now be a part of the log zip file. By default the file is located here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Desktop Connector Diagnostics\AutodeskDesktopConnectorDiagnostics 2023-xx-xx.zip\UnSyncFileInfo.txt
- The file contains a list of 'unsynced' files that are pending sync and should attempt to sync.
- If the file does not attempt to sync you may need to Reset Desktop Connector
- The file contains a list of 'excluded' files which are files that will not attempt to sync.
This could be files that have been added while Desktop Connector was not running, or files that Desktop Connector is filtering out from uploading (possibly not supported by the server).
If files are added while Desktop Connector is not running they will not sync, you will need to re-add that file while Desktop Connector is running.
- Fixed a bug where folders renamed to match excluded extensions (such as .bak) caused the folder to be deleted from the cloud.
- AFT software files were failing to upload and sync properly. Desktop Connector no longer uploads AFT software backup files which allows the authored file to upload as expected.
- We resolved an issue where Rhino backup files were blocking Rhino authored files (3DM) from uploading.
- Desktop Connector will no longer attempt to upload HTML files because it is an unsupported file type in Docs. Therefor adding HTML files will not result in failed job in the Home Screen. Files that will not attempt to upload appear in File Explorer with no status icon.
- We resolved an issue when using AutoCAD Home the Autodesk Projects navigation shows no data and or folders to view. (Spilled Coffee)
- Fixed a bug where attempting to download an updated file would result in an error "the action can't be completed because the file is open in Autodesk Desktop Connector".
- Selecting a project when you have access to 1000's of projects will no longer result in a Desktop Connector crash
- Fixed a bug where a project was silently failing to unsubscribe and giving no error.
- Fixed a bug where a DWG remaining Open for more than 30 minutes would unlock/lock automatically every 30 minutes.
- Fixed a bug where opening a parent DWG file would result in referenced files (Image, PDF, etc) to be incorrectly locked.
- Renaming a folder that contains a file locked by you will no longer fail.
- Moving a file showed inconsistent locking status between local and cloud views.
- Fixed known workflows where files would remain locked after closing
- Desktop Connector will no longer automatically lock or unlock Navisworks native files (nwf, nwc, nwd). Users can still manually lock and unlock these file types.