Oct 10, 2019 – Autodesk releases the Autodesk Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020 Update 1
The Autodesk Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020 Update 1 is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
The Update requires access to the original install resources and installation.
Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020 Update 1 includes Dynamo Core version 2.4.
Autodesk Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020 Update 1
The Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020.1 adds support for Property Sets, COGO points, Point Groups, and new Surface data extraction capabilities. There is improved Dynamo access to more AutoCAD block specific properties. New and updated Dynamo for Civil sample scripts are included.
See the Release Notes for Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020 2020.1 and help pages for specifics
A summary of changes made in Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020.1:
New Features and Updates
- Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020 Update 1 includes Dynamo Core version 2.4.
- Added new Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020 samples and reorganized the sample folder structure.
- Civil 3D scripts: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2020\Dynamo\Samples\en-US
- Drawings and associated files: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2020\Dynamo\Samples\Data
- API Dynamo samples and files: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2020\Dynamo\API Samples
- Added the ability to add property set definitions in a drawing.
- Added the ability to add properties to an object and modify properties for an object.
- Added the ability to filter objects using property set data
- Added a script example for the PropertySet node.
- Added the ability to extract data from surfaces.
- Added the ability to work with points and point groups.
- Added the CreateSurfaceFromCOGOPoint node to support COGO points.
- Added the Extents node for the bounding box of objects.
- Added the BasePoint and SetBasePoint nodes for the origin of blocks.
- Added the Description and SetDescription nodes for blocks.
- Added the byCoordinateSystem and CoordinateSystem nodes for BlockReferences.
- Added the Block.Objects node to list all objects in a block.
- Added the ability to set block attributes for BlockReferences.
- Added the ability to extract data from alignment profiles.
- Added localization support for Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020 nodes.
- Fixed Issues
- Fixed an issue in which nodes in a DYN file would be missing when opened in Dynamo.
- Fixed the Getting Started link on the Dynamo start page.
- Fixed an issue in which a geometry face in Dynamo would not generate correctly in Civil 3D with the Face.ByGeometry node.
- Fixed an issue in which the Dynamo for Civil 3D Sample 1 did not create text entities at all locations on some corridors.
- Fixed an issue that caused Civil 3D to close unexpectedly.