Sept 19, 2018 – Autodesk releases Autodesk Infraworks 2019.2
Infraworks 2019.2 is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
The new features list can be viewed on the Infraworks Help What’s New page
The readme referenced in the update includes no list of fixes or what is new.
As is the norm, the Infraworks 2019.2 install will overwrite any previous Infraworks install.
Your models from the previous release will need to be upgraded to the new 2019.2 release build.
It is strongly recommended that you backup your models locally before upgrading.
What’s New Highlights
- Added a context menu to model tiles for easy management of your local and cloud models from InfraWorks Home
- InfraWorks now supports importing eight distinct spiral types from Civil 3D.
- Enhanced roadside grading by adding a "Grading Limit" in the Stack panel for a selected grading zone, so that users can adjust limits for each roadside grading zone.
- Improvements to 2019.1 enhancements
Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS
- The Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS has graduated from preview status, and there were other improvements and performance enhancements.
See Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS
- Use your ESRI ArcGIS login information to connect InfraWorks to your ArcGIS online data.
- Browse available datasets and add ArcGIS data layers to your InfraWorks models as features.
- Customize the display of ArcGIS data source attributes in the InfraWorks Stack.
- Refresh InfraWorks features to pull updates from the ArcGIS data source.
Is now a fully supported feature no longer in Preview mode.
Desktop Connector for InfraWorks
- You can now store and manage data sources for an InfraWorks model with the Desktop Connector.
See About the Desktop Connector for InfraWorks
- Enhanced surface layer order adjustment by dragging and dropping
- Import parametric generic objects that can be placed at any station/offset along a bridge or road.
- Added the ability to toggle on and off the display of generic objects in the component display toggle.
- Added the ability to apply changes from one generic object to another.
- Added the ability to save generic objects as part of the bridge template.
- Added the ability to place generic objects on the terrain.
- Added the ability to view the quantities of generic objects.
- Added the ability to send generic objects to Revit.
- Added the ability to select a generic object from the content picker
- Added the ability to move a generic object using the 3D move gizmo.
- Added the ability to set the domain and component type for generic objects.
- Improved the use of generic objects by placing grips and dimension lines.
Most of these 2019 and 2019.1 updated features are improved in the 2019.2 update
- Add piers to any location along a bridge's length using the right-click context menu.
- Change the number of piers on a bridge without resetting girder attributes for existing girder groups.
- Set the edge of the bridge deck above the roadway surface when using bridge deck assemblies from Autodesk Inventor.
- Set deck continuity at each individual pier.
- Use parametric part assemblies created in Autodesk Inventor as deck and girder components in Autodesk InfraWorks.
- Update an existing bridge in your Revit model that was previously sent to Revit from InfraWorks
- Model and design parametric tunnels in the context of your overall infrastructure design project.
- Send your InfraWorks tunnel to Revit for detailed design.
- Author custom parametric tunnel sections in Autodesk Inventor, for use in Autodesk InfraWorks
The readme with the 2019.2 update includes no list of fixes or what is updated.