Dec 7, 2020 – Autodesk released the Autodesk InfraWorks 2021 Update 2
The Autodesk InfraWorks 2021 Update 2 is available via the Autodesk Desktop Connector app or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
Autodesk InfraWorks 2021 Update 2
See the What's New in Autodesk InfraWorks page
Decorations for Corridor Roads
- Added Decorations support for Corridor Roads imported from Civil 3D
- Modify Lane Markings for Component Roads
Add-ins for Autodesk InfraWorks
- Improvements to the Autodesk Revit InfraWorks Updater to support civil structures workflows between InfraWorks, Autodesk Civil 3D and Autodesk Revit
- Improved a workflow for Civil Structures that spans Autodesk Civil 3D, Autodesk InfraWorks, and Autodesk Revit. A new Civil Structures workflow.
- Added the ability to view the top of foundation elevation in the Stack when a bridge foundation is selected.
- Added Refined Bridge Analysis.
- Alignments with plan curvature, skewed piers and abutments are taken into account. Provides grillage, offset girder and finite element models that better reflect the actual layout of the bridge girders.
- Introduced cross-frames, representing the structural framing between steel plate and steel box girders. This feature also supports steel diaphragms, which would typically be used at support locations between girders.
- Enhanced support for data exchange between Autodesk InfraWork, Autodesk Civil 3D, and Autodesk Revit.
- Improved the behavior of the The big "B" button in the Utility Bar. Click this to open BIM 360 Document Management in your browser.
- Added dedicated error messages to InfraWorks for instances when there is no internet connection detected or there is an issue connecting to BIM 360
- Introduced a new streamlined InfraWorks Home experience, featuring the Recent and BIM 360 tabs.
- The icon for the Notifications drop down menu will display an additional badge when there are new unread messages.
- Improved the display of models on InfraWorks Home. Now, .IWM files are listed in InfraWorks when BIM 360 models are copied in BIM 360.
- The state of a model will be updated automatically after downloading a not yet cached cloud model and vice versa after deleting the local cache of a cloud model, without having to manually refresh the page.
- Enhanced the available model actions on the Recent tab of InfraWorks' new Home screen.
- Added the ability to remove models from the Recent list (without deleting the model itself).
- Re-implemented the Notices section as a drop down of the Utility bar.
- Increase the number of displayed models on Recent to 10.
- Added the ability to select a coordinate system during model creation with the Model Builder.
- Added the ability to add point cloud data into InfraWorks directly via .LAS or .LAZ format.
- A grading option has been added to the component stack for modifying grading for selected corridor regions in a corridor component road.
- Added new menus for switching between corridor component road and component road when you have selected multiple roads or components.
- Civil 3D corridor-related info like baseline region name, horizontal baseline name and vertical baseline name are now dislayed in the Stack for a selected corridor component road.
- Enhancements to Lane Markings control in the Stack, and removed lane marking shadow issues.
- Simplified the mapping of materials for corridors that were imported from Civil 3D, enabled corridor parameters to be accessible on the stack, and extended the number of corridors that can be imported into InfraWorks.
Infraworks 2021.2 Update Fixes
The Infraworks 2021.2 Update includes previously released fixes from earlier 2021, 2021 Update 1 and Hotfixes not listed here.
See the Infraworks Fixes page
ArcGIS Data Integration
- Fixed an issue where a layer could not be published after update service name.
- Fixed an issue where an ArcGIS layer could not be imported successfully with the clip-to-model option selected.
- Fixed an issue where a layer published to ArcGIS Enterprise portal could not be opened directly.
Bridges and Tunnels
- Fixed an issue with toggle behavior in parametric decorations that caused attribute toggles to be stuck on.
- Fixed an issue where after adding cross frames to a bridge, the selection of bridge objects disappeared.
- Fixed an issue where running refined bridge analysis a second time while having an analysis PDF report open did not give feedback to the user.
- Fixed an issue so the road gizmo is now active when a new bridge is drawn.
Civil 3D DWG Import
- Fixed an issue where road profiles which contained parabola with almost identical in and out grade were unable to be imported.
- Fixed an issue of parabolas in road profiles getting removed when there were free parabolas that had almost identical in and out grade.
- Fixed an issue that could occur if a road was selected when all data sources were deleted in the Data Sources panel.
- Fixed an issue where road options at IMX tab and DWG tab of the Configure Road dialog box were not translated.
- Improved the performance of adding roads in models containing tunnels.
- Fixed an issue with the component decoration split tool that occurred when multiple clicks happened while the model was refreshing.
- Fixed an issue in which only part of the lane marking was seletable if the road assembly was added in componnet roads.
- Fixed an issue of incorrect geometry of alignment when importing anchored floating curves in IMX.
- Fixed an issue when importing roads from Civil 3D from either DWG or IMX that caused some vertical curves to be discarded so that they showed as just PVIs in the Profile View.
- Fixed an issue with the "Which coordinate system should I choose?" link in the New Model dialog that caused the link to always go to the English page regardless of the Language setting.
Create, Edit, Delete Core Feature
- Fixed an issue where the Content picker was shown when starting a Draw Tool from the toolbar, such as drawing a conceptual road or water area.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when rapidly editing features.
- Fixed an issue that caused Right of Ways not to be displayed in the Cross Section View in circular curves and other tangent sections.
- Fixed an issue with Cross Section View buttons that would cause difficulty switching between views.
- Fixed an issue in which the IDF icon was not shown in Size Drainage Network dialog.
- The Open Model dialog changes to the correct size and the text in the dialog and also should adjust according to the Hi DPI scaling settings.
- Fixed an untranslated string on the new Home page.
- Fixed the date and time format on the Recent tab of the new Home so that it responds to the Region settings of the operating system.
- Fixed an issue when accessing Model Builder in mainland China.
- Fixed an issue when importing a SHP file in Model Builder. If the polygon is not imported at the expected location, re-export the file from Civil 3D and use the MAPEXPORT option to perform coordinate conversion to LL84.
- Fixed an issue where the component highlighting and selection could highlight or select the incorrect component.
- Fixed an issue that caused the triad gizmo and bounding box to not be enabled in 2021.1.
- Fixed an issue in which the right edge of the Stack was cropped and information was illegible.
- Fixed a thumbnail image in the DrawStylePicker.
Watershed & Streams
- Fixed an issue in which the selected station range was not shown in watershed anlaysis.