Nov 14, 2019 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Licensing Service 18.104.22.16899 Update
The Autodesk Licensing Service 22.214.171.12499 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
If you install new 2020 products, install this update first.
As a best practice, it is recommended to always apply the latest available update for Autodesk Licensing Service before launching the products for improved reliability and performance.
This is a cumulative update and contains all changes from the updates previously released.
The install of this update in Windows requires
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 v14.16.27024.1 (x86 & x64) or newer version.
See the Release Notes link below for directions to the downloads.
This update has an official release date of Oct 30, 2019 but apparently did not hit the Autodesk Desktop App que until mid-November.
Autodesk Licensing Service 126.96.36.19999 Update
This update for the Autodesk Licensing Service is available for all platforms - Windows, Mac and Linux. This release includes several enhancements that enable users to begin using their product faster and easier.
Note that some users may be prompted to sign in again after applying this update.
The Autodesk Licensing Service 188.8.131.5299 Update includes the following:
- The “Let’s Get Started” screen has received an update to make it easier for customers to choose the correct option.
- Customers logged in with a valid Autodesk ID will be able to immediate access their product via their subscription, instead of needing to select the appropriate option on the Let's Get Started screen.
- Several bug fixes and security improvements.
- Fixed install hang issue during service upgrade on AWS environment
- Fixed an issue with Autodesk License Manager (AdLM) that caused a freeze when using borrowed licenses while not connected to the license server.