March 26, 2020 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Licensing Service March Update
The Autodesk Licensing Service March Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop Connector app or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
Build on the Update is 10.1.1.66
Autodesk Licensing Service March Update
This is a cumulative update and contains all changes from the updates previously released. As a best practice, it is recommended to always apply the latest available update for Autodesk Licensing Service before launching the products for improved reliability and performance.
- If facing an Autodesk Product installation failure due to licensing, we recommend installing the latest licensing update before the product. Autodesk Licensing Service Update is a full installer and does not require the base version to be installed in advance.
- While creating deployment image, the Licensing Service Installer within the Autodesk Product installation files can be replaced with the latest update prior to creating the deployment package/image
- All single-user subscription users leverage Autodesk single-sign-on capability starting with this update. Users, who have not logged in via Autodesk single-sign-on previously, are to login once after applying the update
- Users who are on subscription with single-user access, can log out and login via the in-product login control menu.
- About Manage License dialog,
- For users on subscription with single-user access, shows the license type as ‘User’ along with the logged-in user information.
- On first product launch, Autodesk licensing tries to find a license associated with named-user identity and avoid showing up additional dialog, when possible.
- “Let’s Get Started” dialog, when displayed, has updated visuals for ease of user action.
- End users are required to activate maintenance (single-user access) serial numbers while connected to the internet. Offline activation of serial numbers are no longer supported. This change does not impact network licensing (multi-user access) customers.
- Fixed an issue where the installation of licensing components hung on AWS environments.
- Fixed licensing installer deployment issues through SCCM.
- Fixed installation hang issue for suites when multiple products are installed on the users machine.
See the ReadMe listing in the Autodesk Licensing Service help for install and other specifics.