Aug 30, 2018 – Autodesk releases the Autodesk MicroDrainage Utility for Civil 3D 2019
The Autodesk MicroDrainage Utility 2019 Extension is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
The update install requires access to the original Civil 3D 2019 install resources and requires the AutoCAD 2019.1 and Civil 3D 2019.1 Update be previously applied.
Autodesk MicroDrainage Utility 2019
This updated Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 extension is released just prior to the annual
Floodplain Management Association (FMA) conference in Las Vegas, NV – Sept 4-7 2018.
What the MicroDrainage Utility Extension does:
The MicroDrainage Utility provides the ability for Autodesk Civil 3D Pipe Networks to be renamed and exported to MDX/SWS/FWS format for analysis within the Innovyze MicroDrainage System 1 drainage design module and then imported to update the pipe network in Autodesk Civil 3D to create a 3D model of drainage network as well as product plans, sections and pipe and structure schedules.
Key Features of MicroDrainage Utility Extension
- Utility to aid the renaming of the pipe network to naming convention
- Export pipe network to MicroDrainage file formats
- Import and update existing network from a MicroDrainage file (MDX/SWS/FWS)
- Prefix and suffix to pipe naming
- Change pipe network style
Changes to the Autodesk Microdrainage Utility for 2019
- Import/Export support for .MDX format files
- Improved export capabilities including ability to exclude “Null Structures”
- Ability to update a pipe network that already exists in Autodesk Civil 3D.
This enables an iterative workflow where a user can analyze a network in Microdrainage and then update their network in Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Resolution of high-priority issues (e.g., “Part Family Not Recognized” error)
The export is a clean file of the pipe network only.
The more recent versions of the MicroDrainage System 1 drainage design module also still support this core format.
Read the install Readme.