Sept 15, 2017 – Autodesk announces the availability of the Autodesk ReCap Photo and an upgrade to the Photo-to-3D cloud service product.
Autodesk upgraded their Photo-to-3D cloud service product and gave it a new name - ReCap Photo.
Autodesk ReCap Photo is a substantial upgrade to the previous offerings and is focused on integrated drone survey with both LiDAR scan data and photogrammetry data functionalities.
ReCap Photo is part of Autodesk ReCap Pro.
Autodesk ReCap Photo and Autodesk ReCap Pro
Autodesk ReCap Photo requires you have an Autodesk ReCap Pro subscription.
If you have an Autodesk ReCap Pro subscription you can install ReCap Photo. You need to visit the ReCap download page.
All the processing capabilities are cloud based only.
Features and Benefits of ReCap Photo Include:
- A new photogrammetry engine that can process up to 1,000 photos, a 4x improvement from the previous maximum of 250 photos
(Note: using the cloud service consumes Autodesk Cloud Credits)
- The ability to set GPCs (Ground Control Points, survey points) in any coordinate system.
- New functionality to support vertical and nadir photos
(photos taken by drones and UAVs at 90 degrees above the site)
- View your 3D photo-textured mesh
- View the geolocated orthographic view, zoom in and out, and add measurements, tags, and annotations.
- Share the project, including its additional metadata (measurements, tags, annotations), with anyone.
- Merge laser scan point clouds with UAV-based point clouds.