Aug 21, 2019 – Autodesk released the Autodesk Revit 2020.1 Update
The Autodesk Revit 2020.1 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
Revit Updates cannot be uninstalled to revert Autodesk Revit 2020 to its pre-update state. If you need to remove the update, uninstall Autodesk Revit 2020 and then reinstall it.
Autodesk Revit 2020.1 Update
Read the Revit 2020.1 Update Release Notes
Software Builds in the Update
- Revit 2020 - version 22.214.171.124
- Collaboration for Revit 2020 - version 126.96.36.199
- Personal Accelerator for Revit - version 188.8.131.52
- OpenStudio - version 0.1.7
- Dynamo Revit 2.2.1
- Enhanced the Revit API Help with the addition of several new code snippets.
Analytical Model - Other
- Added the Autodesk Analytical Modeling 2020 Dynamo package to help structural engineers have better control and automate the creation of analytical models in Revit, by creating a complete and consistent analytical model with parameterization, definition of logical assumptions, priorities, and customizable scripting.
- Added 104 MEP families for Japan.
- Updated the DACH library by adding the path of travel tag in the templates and samples, improving the material setting in the templates, and adding wood construction in the samples.
Dynamo for Revit
- Integrated Dynamo Revit 2.2.1 into Revit 2020.1 release, including multiple user enhancement, API changes, and bug fixes.
Energy - Analytical Model
- Replaced the 3D Energy Model view that is automatically generated when creating the Energy Analytical Model, with a view called Analytical Spaces that displays only analytical spaces with the model categories set as underlay.
- Added 4 parameter tooltips for wall foundations: Eccentricity, Length, Width, and Foundation Thickness.
Graphics - Sun and Shadow Improved the accuracy of shadows
- Improved stability when adjusting the sun position or date, in cases where the sun does not rise or set at far north or south locations.
- Added support for importing Sketchup 2019 files.
- Added the ability to link topography published to BIM 360 European server.
MEP Analytical Systems
- Added the ability to represent HVAC systems analytically and assign them to the analytical spaces created with the energy analytical model for use in a downstream systems analysis.
MEP Electrical Circuits
- Improved the Move To behavior to support swap the existing circuits.
MEP Electrical Wiring
- Improved the default homerun length behavior during auto-wiring.
MEP HVAC Zones
- Added the ability to run local energy analyses locally, including system sizing and annual simulation, using an installation of Energy Plus.
Reinforcement - Constraints
- Improved the performance when editing rebar constraints in hosts with complex geometry or containing a large number of bars.
Reinforcement - Rebar
- Added the ability to adjust rebar constraints faster and more intuitively, enabling easier modifications of bars.
- Added the ability to constrain any shape-driven rebar sets in the model and preserve reinforcement layouts when making changes.
- Enhanced the performance of Path of Travel lines by storing internal calculation information for a view so the information can be reused without needing to regenerate the data.
- Improved the Route Analysis Path of Travel tool to allow you to view, schedule, and tag the room name and number associated with the startpoints (From Room) and endpoints (To Room) of paths in the model.
- Improved the Route Analysis Path of Travel tool to allow users to drag or use the Move key to adjust the location of the start and endpoint of a path line.
- Improved the Route Analysis Path of Travel tool to allow users to indicate which elements are considered obstacles, making it easier to troubleshoot a failing path and better understand obstacle settings.
- Added a Dynamo node that takes an array of start/end points and creates multiple Path of Travel lines simultaneously for fast and efficient route analysis calculations.
- Added the ability to set the rows to display in contrasting colors to make it easier to follow them across the schedule when working in wide schedules.
- Improved the Attaching Wall to Floor and Attaching Wall to Roof dialogs by setting No as the default for automatic attachment, and setting it to remember the user's selection.