Aug 24, 2018 – Autodesk releases the Autodesk River and Flood Analysis Module for Civil 3D 2018.1
The Autodesk River and Flood Analysis Module 2018.1 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update install requires access to the original Civil 3D 2018 install resources. The update requires latest Civil 3D 2018 Update and River and Flood Analysis for 2018 is already installed.
Autodesk River and Flood Analysis 2018.1
What the River and Flood Analysis module does:
- Automate HEC-RAS cross section cutting, water surface analysis, flood plain mapping, and all related modeling tasks.
- Utilize numerous automation mapping tools for extracting cross sections from various digital terrain sources including contours, TINs, DTMs, DEMs, LiDAR data, survey files, surveyed cross sections, etc.
- Perform sophisticated bridge and culvert analysis as well as automating the process of designing and analyzing roadway crossings.
- Automate mapping of bank station locations, channel and overland flow lengths, levee locations, ineffective flow areas, Manning’s roughness data from topographic map data.
- Perform automated bridge scour computations for FHWA and state DOT roadway studies.
- Automatically generate floodplain and floodway maps, ready for FEMA and other agency submittals.
Fixes Address by the 2018.1 Update
One might assume this Update will keep your Civil 3D 2018 with R&A in synch with your Civil 3D 2019 and R&A 2019. This is NOT stated in the readme documentation.
- This update fixes an issue where Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 would become unresponsive for some users when attempting to use the Autodesk River and Flood Analysis Module 2018 commands due to the module being installed to an inaccessible location.
- This update fixes an issue where Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 would close unexpectedly when opening a drawing that contains Autodesk River and Flood Analysis Module objects if the Default Template File Name for QNEW option was set to some custom drawing templates.
Read the install Readme for Ribbon and ProgramData install details.