Sept 17, 2020 – Autodesk released Autodesk SHP Import/Export Utility 2021
The Autodesk SHP Import/Export Utility 2021 is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site. The update requires access to the original install resources.
The SHP Import/Export Utility requires you have the most recent Civil 3D 2021.1 Update installed.
Autodesk SHP Import/Export Utility 2021
The Import Shape Survey Data command can be employed to import survey data from ESRI shapefiles into an Autodesk Civil 3D drawing.
The SHP Import Export Utility for Autodesk Civil 3D 2021 adds the ability to exchange linear strings and COGO points with other systems that support creation and reading of SHP format files.
Survey data can be transferred from other software into Autodesk Civil 3D through shapefiles (SHP files). The SHP files typically contain only one type of geometric data: lines or points. Curved linework is not supported.
Unlike survey databases, when you transfer the information to Autodesk Civil 3D using SHP files, the survey information is contained within Autodesk Civil 3D drawings and is not linked to the survey database. To share SHP survey data between drawings, the linework and points must be copied between drawings or reimported into other drawings.
The Autodesk SHP Import/Export Utility 2021 includes the following:
New Key Features of this Extension
- Control over imported Civil 3D object settings such as style, point groups, etc.
- Property Set data is added to imported objects
- The Autodesk Import/Export SHP Utility does not transform coordinates or units.
- Prior to importing a SHP file, ensure the correct coordinate system is specified in the drawing and ensure the drawing units match the units of the SHP file.
- Selecting a command from the context menu in the SHP Data Manager after you have closed all open drawings will cause Autodesk Civil 3D to close unexpectedly.
Read the SHP Import/Export Utility 2020 Release Notes