Aug 5, 2017 – Autodesk releases the AutoCAD Civil 3D Bridge Modelling Extension and Revit 2017 Civil Structures Enhancements
The Autodesk® Bridge Module 2017 enables users to create bridge models based on critical geometry in Civil 3D corridor models and existing ground surfaces.
Users can also create AutoCAD Civil 3D alignments and profiles from key bridge strings such as bottom of lowest girder or top of barrier.
Finally, users can quickly transition bridge parameters created in the AutoCAD Civil 3D version of this Bridge Modeler into the Autodesk® Revit® Bridge Modeling extension (REX) where additional modeling can be accomplished.
In other words you need Revit 2017 and both the Autodesk Revit Bridge Modeling (REX) extension which is formally called the Autodesk® Revit® 2017 Civil Structures Enhancements and the Bridge Module 2017 for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017.
This compresed 2 minute video of Infraworks Bridges Import into Civil 3D has no sound.
The Autodesk Bridge Module 2017
Supported bridge types include:
- Girder (steel or concrete girders)
- Concrete slab
- Concrete box girder
- Continuous curved girder
Bridge elements include:
- Abutments, piers, and bearings
- Bridge decks, barriers, and roadways
Bridge parameters based on the AutoCAD Civil 3D model including:
- Bridge width and cross slope based on the corridor model
- Pier and abutment height and clearance parameters based on the AutoCAD Civil 3D terrain model
Ability to create AutoCAD Civil 3D alignments and profiles from bridge strings.
Unique bridge modeling workflow that spans AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 and Autodesk Revit 2017 (Bridge Modeling REX).
View the Readme
Autodesk Revit 2017 Civil Structures Enhancements
Using these Bridge Modeling Autodesk Revit Extensions, you can generate bridges based on user-defined criteria. Users can define basic parameters of the geometry of a bridge including: a road profile, a deck, abutments, piers and railings. The road profile may also be imported from a LandXML format file. The bridge is generated based on user-defined families that are provided with these Revit Extensions.
Bridge Modeling Revit Extensions are composed of following modules:
Bridge Definition - Concrete Slab
- The extension generates entire concrete slab bridge, based on an existing road.
Bridge Definition - Concrete Box Girder
- The extension can be used to create a concrete box girder bridge, based on an existing road.
Bridge Definition - Concrete Slab with Girders
- The extension can be used to create a concrete slab on concrete or steel girders, based on an existing road.
Document Generation for Bridges
- Based on a bridge defined in Revit, this extension automatically generates fundamental documents for the entire bridge.
Customization of Bridge Families
- This extension facilitates the registration of customized families to be subjected to all rules allowing for the automated bridge design process.
View the Readme