Apr 27, 2016 - Autodesk released a manual Hotfix for Civil 3D 2016 SP2 that fixes Feature Line errors that may result from AUDIT.
Broken Feature Lines in Civil 3D 2016 SP2
Autodesk didn't and does not exactly advertise this problem. This is one of those real painful things to discover the hard way. This was particularly galling to me after all the hype about Feature Line functionality in Civil 3D 2016 in Service Pack 2.
While it is NOT stated here this issue may also explain some Import Style issues with Feature Lines after 2016 SP2.
Remember to use manual drag and drop to overwrite or update Feature Line Styles in Civil 3D.
Below the full content of the Knowledge Network post .
Use the link above to download the hotfix zip file.
- Feature line elevation points are deleted after running audit.
- Create Feature Line always defaults to No Site (should use the last-used site).
- Feature line style fails to be modified in Feature Line tab, Corridor Properties.
- Close AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016.
- Using Windows Explorer go to
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016
- Rename AeccLand.dbx to AeccLand.dbx.OLD.
- Rename AeccRoadway.dbx to AeccRoadway.dbx.OLD.
- Download attached AeccLand.dbx and AeccRoadway.dbx and copy them into
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\
- In C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\C3D:
- Rename: AeccUiLand.arx to AeccUiLand.arx.OLD
- Rename: AeccUiRoadway.arx to AeccUiRoadway.arx.OLD
- Download attached AeccUiLand.arx and AeccUiRoadway.arx and copy them into
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\C3D
- Restart AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016.