Oct 16, 2015 - Autodesk releases the Transportation Extension for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016
In early October Autodesk officially released a new Subscription benefit for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 and 2016 IDS products named the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Transportation Extension.
2016 Transportation Extension
There are both new Toolbox Reports and new Toolbox Productivity Tools as is common for these Civil 3D Development team offerings.
The reports and tools are not necessarily targeted at road and highway design work despite Autodesk’s name for the extension.
Below’s a raw listing of the new reports and tools. Consider some of the reports and tools improved and richer and more interactive (useful) replacements for the tools and reports you may already employ.
New Report Generation tools
The Civil 3D 2016 Transportation Extension includes the following report generation and general production utilities:
- Horizontal Alignment Report
- Alignment to Alignment Relation Report
- Corridor Points Report
- Slope Stake Report
- Points Report
- Point Proximity Report
- Radial or Consecutive Inverse Report
- Profile Geometry Report
- Profile Design Criteria Verification Report
- Profile Vertical Curve Report
- Profile PVI Report
- Project Summary Report
- Metes and Bounds and Report
- Survey Figure Node and Point Report
- Figures Report
- Survey Points Report
New Productivity Tools
- Line by Direction and Distance
- Parcel Properties Manager
- RW5 Raw file to .FBK Conversion
- Star*Net DAT file to .FBK Conversion
- Improve Least Squares .LSI Editor
- Quick surface cross section
- Surface High/Low Points