Apr 14, 2021 – Autodesk releases Autodesk Civil 3D 2022 and related Civil 2022 Infrastructure software tools
Autodesk officially released Autodesk Civil 3D 2022 and the many related Autodesk Civil Infrastructure tools.
All the Civil 3D 2022 and related Civil Infrastructure 2022 software help files and resources are live.
Autodesk Subscription customers should be able to download the product from the Autodesk Subscription Center.
All Autodesk 2022 release products all include a new Custom Installer that allows administrators and users to pre-configure the installed software or deployment resources before downloading.
See the Autodesk Subscription site for the Custom Installer help and details.
Civil 3D 2022 integrations with the recently renamed Autodesk Cloud products (e.g. Autodesk Docs or BIM Collaborate Pro) require the latest version of the Autodesk Desktop Connector.
Autodesk Civil 3D Free trials and install resources are also available via the Ask Ava app.
The Autodesk Civil 2022 products were not yet available as of this posting.
You will need to employ the latest Autodesk Virtual Agent.
Usually it is preferred to employ the Autodesk Download Manager.
Autodesk Infrastructure 2022
The importance of the additional new and improved Autodesk Civil tools that are available in the Autodesk AEC Collection subscription benefits play a significant role in the scope of the latest Civil 3D 2022 product.
Grading Optimization (GO) is a new preliminary terrain optimization tool for site designers. GO uses design data and automates otherwise repetitive manual grading tasks according to customized object constraints.
Available Grading Optimization objects include:
Zones, Drain Lines, Low Points, Building Pads and Reveals, Curbs, Sidewalks, Paths, Parking Lots, Ponds, and user customized options
Once these objects are defined with their related constraints, Grading Optimization delivers an optimized terrain surface and 3D geometry back into the design tool for further detailed design.
Support has been added for Pressure Networks in Project Explorer:
- Display and edit pressure network information, such as name and style
- Display dynamic profile views for pressure pipe runs in the Project Explorer window
- Edit multiple pressure network properties and pressure part properties
- Edit the layout and view style of pressure networks and pressure parts
- Added Object Set support for pressure networks and pressure parts
- Generate reports for pressure networks, pressure parts, and pressure pipe runs
- Generate AutoCAD tables for pressure networks, pressure parts and pressure pipe runs
- Compare pressure pipe run sample points with other surfaces
- Search for pressure networks by name
Support has been added for Feature Lines in the <None> site (siteless Feature Lines).
There were numerous fixes made in the Project Explorer 2022 release. See the Civil 3D help file.
Project Explorer is now launched from the Home tab of the Civil 3D ribbon.
Project Explorer is now available in all languages currently supported by Civil 3D. The assigned language for Project Explorer is determined by the regional language settings in Windows.
More AEC Collection Improvements
See the respective SSA, Vehicle Tracking, etc help pages for additional details.
Autodesk Civil 3D 2022
Civil 3D 2022 Connected Alignments
Civil 3D 2022 includes significant improvements to Connected Alignments with both support for:
- Additional curve combination types
- Curves greater than 180 degrees
- Offset Alignment support for Connected Alignments to support slip lanes and off-ramps
- New preview support for Offset Connected Alignments before Alignment creation
Civil 3D 2022 Pressure Pipe Improvements
- The color and diameter of the compass can now be specified using options on the ribbon when laying out a path-based pressure network.
- The Profile Layout ribbon tab has been updated for path based pressure networks to make it more consistent with the plan layout ribbon.
- Spanning labels for pressure networks can now be created in plan and profile views.
- PVIs can now be removed from overridden station ranges of pressure network in profile view that are set to static (non-dynamic) state. When selected, the Clean Up PVIs check box on the Pipe Run Profile Settings dialog box removes PVIs from overridden station ranges. You can use the Apply button to preview the changes in the drawing.
- A command named RegenPressureSolid was added to regenerate 3D solids for pressure network parts.
There are ArcGIS Connector continuing improvements based on the Civil 3D 2021.2 release.
- Raster data imported from ArcGIS can now be refreshed from ArcGIS. For more information, see To Refresh Data from ArcGIS.
- The resolution can be configured separately for each raster layer when importing and refreshing raster data.
- The number of available resolution levels for importing ArcGIS raster data has been extended from 19 levels to 23 levels.
- Enhancements have been made in the areas of performance, stability, and consistency.
Collaboration for Civil 3D
- Updates have been made to the user interface to reflect the name change from BIM 360 to Autodesk Docs.
- The default value of the system variable CloudCollabModifiedOption has changed to 0.
When set to 0, documents are not immediately unlocked after you close them.
When a document has been edited, saved, and closed, it is unlocked after the changes have finished uploading to Autodesk Docs.
Dynamo for Civil 3D
- Integrated into the main installation of Civil 3D
- Supports Python 3 as the default version of Python
- Python nodes now have a option to allow them to specify if they are created using Python 2.7 or 3
- Dynamo core has been upgraded to V 2.10
A new PurgeAECData Command
When using an object-enabled AutoCAD session, or when running Civil 3D as AutoCAD, you can run the PurgeAECData command to purge invisible AEC data from a drawing.
If there is visible AEC data in a drawing, such as Civil 3D objects, the command will not proceed.
Prior Version Interoperability and DWG Format
Autodesk Civil 3D 2022 uses the AutoCAD 2018 drawing format.
Drawings saved in Autodesk Civil 3D 2022 can be opened in Autodesk Civil 3D 2020-2018.
The usual caveats for Civil 3D release Feature interoperability and functionality apply.
Other Civil Infrastructure Improvements
There are new versions of the Civil 3D Batch Save Utility, the Civil 3D Object Enablers, Hydraflow extensions, and the Survey Data Collection Link extension
Storm and Sanitary Analysis (SSA) is now available as a separate installation
Civil 3D 2022 Fixed Issues List
See the complete Civil 3D 2022 Fixed Issues