Feb 28, 2019 - MoreCompetency Inc releases the monthly summary of videos, help, and training updates to the Cadpilot website
Feb 2019 Website Help and Training Updates
General Notes for the Month
- Released the Layer Standards Tools Release 7 NCS 5 Update
- Released the Release 8 Civil 3D 2019.2
- Released the Release 7 Civil 3D 2019.2
- Released the Release 8 Civil 3D 2018.2
- Updates to the Release 7 Details
- Additions and updates to the Release 8 Details
- Website search, security, and performance enhancements updates
Documentation and Help – requires Registration and Login
- Additions and link updates in and to the Implement Civil 3D section
- Additions the Projects in Civil 3D section
- Additions the Reference Templates in Civil 3D section
- Addition of a Site Design Corridors section to Corridors in Civil 3D section
Cadpilot Video Training – some pages may require login.
Do you want to always stay up to speed with the recent CadPilot Civil training video posts?
There are now simple RSS feed links for all video posts on the Video Archive page
- Additions to the Intersections and Corridors video training page
- Additions to the Description Key Sets video training page
- Updates to the Civil 3D Projects and Setup video training page
- Added to the Blog Posts video training page
Civil Training on the Web – no login required
- Added new video to the Civil 3D Videos section
Civil 3D Essentials
- Added new videos to the Tips from Experts section
Lock Civil 3D Structure Leader to Any Location, Civil 3D Reference Templates
- Added new videos to the Civil 3D Basics section
Surface Volume Basics in Civil 3D
- Added a new videos to the New in Civil 3D 2019 section
Display Linear Crossing Objects in a Profile View, Create Linear Crossing Markers for a Profile View,
Create Linear Crossing Label Styles for a Profile View, New in Infraworks 2019.3 and Civil 3D 2019.2
There are Latest links on the Members page and Civil Training on the Web and collection section pages to help you locate the updates and additions.
Back to the Civil 3D Fundamentals Post Series
- The fundamental problems of focused attention and Civil 3D customization. Why a framework is matters and is different.
- People talk about the Dynamic Model and Workflows. What do these mean practically in real-world Civil 3D projects.
- Prefectly good standards tools waste our time in Civil 3D perhaps because we forget the need to create maps for our users. We ignore the other tools that do that.
- Our habits fundamentally effect our productivity in ways that are hard to see. The STB or CTB war clearly demostrates the tradegy of human action and inaction.
- The fundamental issues of Civil 3D customization and how specifically they relate to and effect the essential need for Naming conventions and rules.
- How our perspective on our preferences can help us discover the critical path to better Civil 3D customization and implementation.
- A Faster Critical Path to Manage Civil 3D Symbology with or without the Framework.
- How optimize and improve plan set publication mechnanics in Civil 3D with DWFs and the ULAYERS command.
- How to employ multiple Civil 3D Style Tools to develop publication standards and templates faster.
- Why and How systematic View creation and management works and how to apply the Civil User skill and discipline.
- Overview of the Framework for Civil 3D Survey features and tools - includes links to posts and videos.
Site Design Corridors Post Series
- The practical matters and solutions for the latest Civil 3D Site Design Corridor Tools
- Better Site Design Corridors, Feature Lines, and Multiple Baseline Corridors are Key centric
Get access to more free AutoCAD Civil 3D Help and Training
Framework for Civil 3D Recent
Products, AddOns, and Updates
All Product Download links display latest build dates
The Release 8 Details are listed in complete detail and were updated with AddOn info and links.
The Release 7 Details are listed in complete detail and were updated with AddOn info and links.
Product Release Timeline
- Jan 2019 released the Layer Standards Tools Release 7 NCS 5 Update
- Dec 2018 released the Release 8 Civil 3D 2019.2
- Dec 2018 released the Release 7 Civil 3D 2019.2
- Dec 2018 released the Release 8 Civil 3D 2018.2
- Nov 2018 update - Release 8 Layer Standards NCS 6 AIA AddOn
- Nov 2018 update - Release 8 Layer Standards NCS 6 AddOn
- Oct 2019 the initial Release 8 update - Release 8 Codes Points and Figures for NCS 6 AddOn
- Sept 2018 All Product Updates for Release 7 for Civil 3D 2019.1
- Sept 2018 initial Release 8 update - Release 8 Layer Standards NCS 6 AIA AddOn
- Sept 2018 initial Release 8 update - Release 8 Layer Standards NCS 6 AddOn
- Aug 2018 released the Symbol Set Release 7 2019.1 Update
- May 2018 released the Framework for Civil 3D Release 7 2019
- May 2018 released the Codes Points and Figures AddOn
- April 2018 released the Layer Standards NCS 6 AddOn
- April 2018 released the Classic Utility Layers NCS 6 AddOn
- March 2018 released the Layers Standards Update AddOn
- March 2018 released the NCS Classic Utility Layers AddOn
- Jan 2018 released a new Release 7 Framework for Civil 3D 2018.2 Update