Aug 8, 2022 – Autodesk releases Autodesk Grading Optimization 2023.1 Update
The Autodesk Grading Optimization 2023.1 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
The install requires access to the original install resources.
The official release date of this build is Aug 5, 2022.
Grading Optimization 2023.1 Update
Autodesk Grading Optimization (GO) is an interactive tool that facilitates grading various land areas. GO consists of optimization algorithms that work toward surface smoothness while accommodating user-imposed constraints. These design constraints include grading and drainage elements.
GO requires access to an Autodesk AEC Collection license.
This GO update includes updates and fixes to the Grading Optimization 2023.1 release.
Pathways are new GO objects that represent sidewalks, driveways, and other ingress and egress paths.
Pathways support varied cross-slopes and an experimental feature for profile generation and vertical courves along the pathway.
Ridge Lines are new GO objects that represents a linear elevation that directs drainage away from its placement.
A Ridge Line creates an elevation to repel drainage, unlike the Drain Line object which attracts and directs drainage.
Isolate Internal Zone Drainage
Isolate drainage objects (drain lines, low points, and ridge lines) within a zone from affecting optimization outside of Zone boundaries.
Enable the Isolate Internal Drainage property in the Zone Properties panel to use this feature. Exclusive Drainage must be enabled to access this property.
- Building Pads now have a specific property to drain water away from the pad.
- Ponds now have a property to define the maximum storage depth of both wet and dry ponds.
- The new Pathway grading object has an experimental feature in that you can place a vertical curve profile along the path.
As a preview, this feature is subject to change or removal at any time.
User Interface: Civil 3D
- Fixed an issue in which Civil 3D did not report the Command Line history completely when multiple grading objects were changed at once. The history now reports how many of each grading object type was removed and how many of a particular object type was added.
- Improved the workflow if a Civil 3D drawing is attempted to be optimized without any having any grading objects. A dialog now displays offering options to continue.
User Interface: Grading Optimization
- Improved the Grading Limit property tooltip that displays for Zone objects.
- Improved the grading design workflow by only displaying the Optimization Progress Meter after the Optimize button is clicked and processing is underway.
- Fixed an issue in which moving objects in the Grading Object Browser would display their associated properties panel.
- Improved the pond images in the Pond Properties Panel to more accurately represent their wet/dry properties.
- Added the ability to unpin the Help Center panel and move it out of the Visualization Display.
- Updated the warning dialog that displays when trying to optimize a drawing opened from a read-only folder.
- Added warning messaging in the Notification Center for instances when optimization cannot occur due to errors detected in the precheck stage.
See the Known Issues list
Read the Grading Optimization for Civil 3D 2023.1 Update Release Notes in the help