May 5, 2022 – Autodesk released new IFC 4.3 Extensions for Autodesk Civil 3D 2024 and IFC Extension Updates for Civil 3D 2023 and Civil 3D 2022
The IFC 4.3 Extension for Civil 3D 2024, IFC Extension Civil 3D 2023 Update 1, and Civil 3D 2022 Update 2 are available via Autodesk Access and the Autodesk Subscription website.
For more information on IFC, please visit the buildingSMART website.
The official release date for the IFC 4.3 Extension and IFC Extension Updates was May 2, 2023.
The IFC 4.3 Extensions install does make changes to the default Civil 3D menu and Ribbons.
If you employ custom versions of the same, remember to back them up prior to the install.
IFC 4.3 Extensions for Civil 3D and Updates
The IFC Extensions allow Civil 3D users to work with IFC datasets in Civil 3D.
Share data and models freely between products using the common IFC format(s) which are contributed by Autodesk and Open Source contributors.
The Extensions supports IFC interoperability with Autodesk Revit and multiple Open Sources IFC Viewers. See the Civil 3D Release Notes and help links below for details.
- Run IFC 4.3 Extension tools from buttons on the Civil 3D user interface. The IFC Infrastructure panel is now available on the Add-ins tab of the the Civil 3D ribbon.
- Map and export general and custom parameters of DWGProps as IFC project parameters.
- Added support for Grid Surfaces.
- Added support for a user definable Project level settings folder. You can define a folder as both an absolute or relative path to the drawing path.
- Added support for AutoCAD block scaling.
- Added support for rigid operation on import.
- Added the option to disregard engineering exponent formatting on export.
- Added the option to create normals for solid faces on export.
- Added the option to define the level of precision of solid geometry.
- Fixed an issue to ensure the IFCInfraExportSelected command to ensure just selected intended objects and any additional required objects are exported.
- Export will now create an IFC output folder if it does not exist.
- Improved the serialization of exported data.
- Fixed an issue in which PolyFaceMesh vertex indexes were incorrectly exporting their sign flag.
IFC 4.3 Extension of Civil 3D 2024 Release Notes
IFC 4.3 Extension of Civil 3D 2023 Update 1 Release Notes
IFC 4.3 Extension of Civil 3D 2022 Update 2 Release Notes