Apr 17, 2018 – Autodesk releases Infrastructure Parts Editor 2018.2 Update
The Infrastructure Parts Editor 2018.2 Update is available via the Autodesk Desktop App or via download from the Autodesk subscription site.
Infrastructure Parts Editor 2018.2 Update
This update will synch the latest code of Infrastructure Parts Editor in Civil 3D 2018.2+.
- Parts will not be viewable in Civil 3D if the Surface Structure or Underground Structure parts were built in Inventor such that the outside dimensions were calculated.
Therefore it is recommended to specify outside dimension parameters on the part and calculate the inside dimensions using the outside dimensions and wall thickness.
- The shortcut link to launch Parts Editor from the Windows Start Menu has been removed.
Parts Editor needs to be launched from either InfraWorks 2018 or Civil 3D 2018 in order to use the Inventor Server that is installed with those products.
- Previews of parts and assemblies are now displayed when launching Parts Editor from Civil 3D 2018.2.
- Publishing a catalog with custom parts to Civil 3D will no longer report that the command failed when there are missing optional parameters.
- Error messages, such as missing parameters, now clarify issues that cause the Publish to Civil 3D to fail.
- Warning messages are also reported for missing optional parameters when publishing a catalog to Civil 3D.
- Assembly templates are now copied to the Civil 3D Templates folder when publishing catalogs to Civil 3D.
- When publishing to Civil 3D the user can now select which Civil 3D version to publish to if there are more than one version on the machine.
- Fixed an issue causing a Plant 3D catalog with non-ASCII characters to fail to import.
Read the latest Infraworks Readme which includes details.