April 5, 2018 – MoreCompetency Inc releases two new Layer Standards NCS 6.0 AddOns
The National CAD Standard version 6.0 has been out for a while and the powers that be are starting to request that projects are submitted in conformance to NCS 6.0.
Customers asked for NCS 6.0 support.
The two new NCS 6.0 AddOns for Release 7 fix that.
They allow customers to preview. test, and employ the new Release 8 Layer scheme as well.
We are happy to announce the release and immediate availability of:
- Layer Standards NCS6 AddOn
- Classic Utility Layers NCS6 AddOn
The new NCS 6.0 AddOns supply NCS 6.0 Discipline, Key, and Layer scheme support for all Release 7 InstantOn and Jump Kit products.
Layer Standards NCS 6 AddOn
- Easy single command forward and back conversion of the Release 7 NCS 5.0 Layers and Key system to the NCS 6.0 Key system and Layer scheme
- Rename and Reset Rename script resource files are supplied
- Layer Standards files are supplied in the .dwg format for both STB and CTB
- Key resources are now supplied for all the NCS 6.0 official Disciplines
This allows for the quicker addition of other NCS Discipline and specialty Layers
- Fully customizable STB and CTB Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools included
The supplied Tools also produce the many, user-friendly Layer States to manage the Layer system in production
- Full support for either small or large project NCS Layer naming conventions.
(e.g. C- or CG discipline code systems)
- Full support for Status or Phase modifiers
- Support for single tilde characters in Key names
- Full interoperability or exchange of templates and drawings for both STB and CTB versions of the Spreadsheet Tools results is maintained.
- Employment and complete customization of the first 9 basic AutoCAD colors or even all ACI colors if required
- Ability to convert from AutoCAD ACI color scheme to an RGB color schemes for STB
See the recent Identity Utility and Colors in Civil 3D post for ACI to RGB
Classic Utility Layers NCS 6 AddOn
- Easy single command forward and back conversion of the Release 7 NCS 5.0 Utilities Layers and Key system to the classic AIA Utilities NCS 6.0 Key system and Layer scheme
- All the capabilities of the Layer Standards NCS6 AddOn above are included
- ACI to RGB conversion is not supported in CTB
The new NCS 6.0 AddOns are available to new and existing Framework for Civil 3D Release 7 InstantOn and Jump Kit customers on the respective product download pages.
The Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools documentation for both STB and CTB were updated and include details and how to instruction.