May 12, 2016 – Morecompetency Inc releases a Linetypes AddOn for all InstantOn and Jump Kit products for Release 6
Our Release 6 InstantOn and Jump Kit customers should check their product download pages today for the new Linetypes AddOn download package.
The Linetypes AddOn download zip file contains the latest update to the NCS50.LIN files and example drawing for inclusion in your Jump Kit or IOB Style Library. Yes. The example drawing includes references to every linetype in the resource file. Imagine that. You can see it before you load it. The file requires the NCS40.SHX file already included in product package downloads, but also included in the package.
The Details of Better Linetypes Matter
The latest NCS 5.0 resource .LIN file includes many customer requested additional linetypes.
The most important part of the upgrade to the resources is the much improved resolution of the linetypes in finished publication production drawings.
In almost every way you get better and more consistent results.
- The linetypes all were fine tuned to perform better at common civil engineering and survey deliverables scales and in rotated Plan views.
- Linetypes of the same type now perform and scale appropriately.
- Linetypes with text (a major portion of the NCS Standards) are now tuned proportionally to account for variances in character wdith within the NCS Windows TrueType Arial font.
- All of the new tuned linetypes were also tested in and by conversion to Microstation DGN linestyles and maintain good fidelity after the conversions.
- All of the changes are documented in the supplied .LIN resource file itself.
We leave no doubt about what we changed and why.
Here’s a link to the blog post and the highlight list of the Linetype Improvement Details
Register today. Become a member and get better free Help and Support for AutoCAD Civil 3D.