June 22, 2020 – MoreCompetency Inc releases the Framework for Civil 3D Release 8 Keys and Figures AddOn
The Release 8 Keys and Figures AddOn is now available for Framework Release 8 Jump Kit products for Civil 3D 2020.
The supplied Description Key and Figure Prefix Db resources will also support Release 8 for Civil 3D 2019 and can be modified to support the Release 7 NCS 5.0 Layer Standard for Civil 3D 2020 and 2019.
Current Jump Kit 2020 customers may download the free Release 8 Keys and Figures AddOn from the respective product download pages.
The free Quux Software Description Key Tools software which allows import of supplied and/or edited Description Key Set XML resource files into Civil 3D is also available for download from the respective product download pages. See the installation and usage notes a PDF in the AddOn’s download ..\Documentation folder.
Release 8 Keys and Figures AddOn
The Framework for Civil 3D already supplies an unmatched level of integrated and managed system support for Civil 3D Codes, Description Key Sets, and Figure Prefix Dbs in multiple versions of the NCS Layer Standards for multiple releases of Civil 3D.
The Release 8 Keys and Figures AddOn supplies additional new Civil 3D Code Tool, Description Key Set Tools, Figure Db Spreadsheet Tools. A host of prebuilt in-depth, rich content resources add significant civil engineering design support and in-depth survey capabilities for use in Civil 3D.
Description Key Set Resources
New Description Key Set resources support the supplied NCS Key-based 5000+ Code system in tremendous depth and detail. The added Description Key Sets resources include:
- New large library of editable ASCII text XML file resources in a managed set of library folders
- New large library of editable Civil 3D DWG file resources in a managed set of library folders
- The supplied Spreadsheet Tools will easily produce Point Group Lists, Survey Query lists for use in our Survey Query Spreadsheet Tool and Survey Query definitions
- Automated scripting tools are even included to rebuild the supplied libraries to custom specifications and requirements
1000+ new and easily customized Description Key Sets are now supplied for all general and specialty civil engineering design and specialty survey types of projects.
The supported list for detailed specialty civil design tasks and engineering project types is unsurpassed. Frankly, we know that’s more than a bit overwhelming.
Figure Prefix Db Resources
Many new Figure Prefix Dbs and XML file resources are supplied in addition to the previously supplied Figure Dbs.
- The new Figure Dbs are integrated and matched to the new supplied Description Key Set resources
- Both double digit and single digit line code versions are supplied for each of multiple Layer Standards
- New Figure Db resources support the NCS Key-based 4-digit Code system
A dozen new and easily customized Figure Dbs for each Layer Standard are now supplied for all general and specialty civil engineering and surveyed types of projects.
See the Release 8 Framework for Civil 3D 2021 Details post and the Release 8 Details page for additional improvements and product details.
Register, login, and visit the online Documentation and Help pages for the many Framework for Civil 3D Spreadsheet Tools particulars.
Managed Codes Matter
The supplied Framework for Civil 3D adaptive Spreadsheet Tools may be copied and the cell formulas modified to produce support for the input file format specifics for most survey and construction equipment manufacturers’ import file formats.