Sept 11, 2018 – MoreCompetency Inc releases the Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn with support for the National CAD Standard (NCS) 6.0, GSA, DOD (Dept of Defense), and US Army Corps
Current Release 7 Framework for Civil 3D 2018 and 2019 customers can visit the respective download pages and download for free the latest:
Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn
The new Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn is included with Release 7 Jump Kit 2018 and Release 7 Jump Kit 2019 products.
The Release 8 NCS 6 AddOn includes more new features and many more managed capabilities than even our existing powerful Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools and resources.
The Release 8 Layers AddOn now includes built-in multiple NCS Discipline support.
We included all the NCS 6.0 Discipline specific Layer Standards resources for:
- Civil, Survey, Landscape, Hydro-survey, Geotechnical, Beach, Airport, Flood, Structural and more
- Architecture, Interiors, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Hazardous Materials and more
- We even included the resources for some common civil/survey project mashups
Thousands of layers with layer specific properties driven by the Framework’s super-consistent standards rules and Open Keys for the NCS 6.0 are simply built-in. No need to reinvent the wheel to get work out the door. You get the ability to customize any and all of those rules in a pinch.
Layer Standards for More Types of Projects
Do FEMA work and/or Flood Control projects? Beach Rehab? Do you have eyes on an Airfield retrofit and expansion project? Want to bid on DOD or US Army Corps projects? You can perform the work today in Civil 3D with less hassle.
Release 8 Layer Standards NCS 6 AddOn
The Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn supports the popular and fully NCS 6 compliant Layer Standards for utilities in previous versions of the Framework for Civil 3D.
In other words, the external utilities and infrastructure layers are intentionally separate from the AIA project-based utility layers.
Many civil survey organizations prefer this common sense approach for utility infrastructure.
- Fully customizable STB and CTB Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools are included
- Easy single command forward and back conversion of the Release 7 NCS 5.0 Layers and Key system to the NCS 6.0 Key system and Layer scheme
- Rename and Reset Rename script resource files are supplied
You can pre-process templates or post-process published digital deliverables in a flash
- Layer Standards files are supplied in the .dwg format for both STB and CTB
These include multiple Layer States to drive user productivity and ease of publication
- Key resources and specifics are supplied for all the NCS 6.0 official Disciplines
This allows for the quicker addition of other NCS Discipline and specialty Layers
- Consistent DOD specific software (DGN-based) Key translations are performed automatically
The automatic Key reversal scripts for these conversions are supplied
Documentation of the converted/affected Keys is supplied in detail
- Many new Production sheets are supplied for all typical NCS Disciplines and automatic screening of discrete Disciplines is fully supported in all production sheets
- In-depth Layer State creation scripts are supplied for all Production sheets
Multiple scripts are supplied to create your own Layer standards mashups with Layer States
- Full support for either small or large project NCS Layer naming conventions.
(e.g. C- or CG discipline code systems)
This functionality can be tuned to produce a departmental layer scheme with next to no effort
- Full support for the published NCS Status or NCS Phase modifiers
- Support for single tilde characters in Key names
- Full interoperability or exchange of templates and drawings for both STB and CTB versions of the Spreadsheet Tools results is maintained.
- Employment and customization of the first 9 basic AutoCAD colors
Specifics to customize particulars for all the ACI colors can be employed if required
- Ability to convert from AutoCAD ACI color scheme to an RGB color schemes for STB
See the Identity Utility and Colors in Civil 3D post for ACI to RGB
- Ability to tweak the new Layer Standard Spreadsheet Tools to support the exact specifications of the entire DOD specification for all Disciplines if required
All the raw layer property definitions from the current DOD specifications are included.